Monthly Art Chat - August 2014

The place to show and chat about art, painting, drawing, techniques, please feel free to share your work and join in with the chat :smile:

2 Likes

Morning all, waving hi to everyone. I treated myself yesterday to a load of tubes of watercolour paints having tried the ones I found lurking under my craft desk I wanted to have a proper go. I’m going to spend the whole weekend painting :slight_smile:

meanwhile thought I’d show an oldie just to get the thread started - this one is ink 8 x 6

2 Likes

Morning Max :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend painting, since I have managed to get back in my studio lots more this week its great to have a nice long time painting in one session …

I have been painting in mini again will show some later …

Hazel

3 Likes

Morning all, this is a work in progress. It’s a linocut inspired by a hike I did last month in the Lake District. It’s on the way up Steel Fell. I just need to sort out the middle area where it’s a bit too blocky I think. What do people think about it? Do you think the colours work? Any suggestions for other colour combinations?

Please ignore the uneven printing pressure at the moment too!

4 Likes

Gorgeous blue and I love the movement in the brush strokes. Love it!

2 Likes

Hu Laura, love the detail on your lino cut, I keep looking at my lino thinking I must have a proper go at that lol!

1 Like

Morning all, lovely work Max, enjoy your watercolouring.

Hi Laura, nice lino cut, that’s something I don’t know too much about, looks good to me!

I want to try to do some more of my Frilly Tulips this weekend. Remember them? I was about half way through doing them and I got diverted by art bars and the like! :smile:

1 Like

Good morning all!

Gorgeous inks Max, enjoy the watercolours!

Laura that’s lovely. Personally I think the blockiness in the middle serves as a focal point. If it’s really bothering you, why not add something to add to it? If it’s water perhaps you could put a suggestion of a boat in there? If it’s land maybe a tree or somesuch?

Waving Hazel and Margaret, looking forward to seeing your work later.

I’ve been experimenting with brusho and artbar, this is what I came up with
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/10557191_257137261164074_126279320687129096_n.jpg

4 Likes

That’s brilliant Stephie, love the flower and the way you’ve done the background too!

1 Like

Love it Steph! beautiful

1 Like

That’s beautiful Stephie :

1 Like

Just popping in to say hello on the new monthly thread! Fab work already on here! Waving, all! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Waving everyone … love the fuchsia Stephie :smile:

I am having an amazing busy day, a couple of web jobs arrived in my in box and I have had 2 sales, not from folksy sadly, one Etsy and one via FB so its been full on :slight_smile: Just parcelling them up and then back to coding …

Good to see the new thread busy too :smile:

Hazel

2 Likes

Oooh - we’ve gone monthly :smile:

I love the blue in your landscape Max - it’s a beautiful colour. Hello Laura - don’t think we’ve spoken before. What amazing detail in your linocut. Stephie, I particularly like the background in your fuschia, so pretty.

I have been busy painting a White-tailed Bumblebee for a lovely Folksy customer (https://folksy.com/shops/TheHoneyPot). Here he is:

I so enjoyed painting him after all those cars. Might try to get in another Bee before I take on the Aston!

Have a great day all

Gaynor

4 Likes

Waving Pam.

Yes it’s good to see the new thread busy, hopefully we’ll have a good month, I have very positive feelings about August.

have I told you all that I’m going to the National Wildlife Art exhibition tomorrow at Gordale garden centre on the Wirral? I’ve never been there before but am really looking forward to it! :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the fuchsia love both here and on Facebook :slight_smile:

Gorgeous bee Gaynor, I really like your description too.

Margaret the exhibition should be good. Sharon Whiteley has some paintings in there, and another artist I follow on fb too but I can’t quite recall who at the moment.

3 Likes

It was Sharon who told me about it and asked if I was going so I looked into where it is and found it was possible to go there :smile:

2 Likes

Morning everyone. Out and about today, but this afternoon I’ll be working on a mixed media project I’ve had in my head for a while. Here’s just one component,

Enjoy your day everyone

2 Likes

That’s really sweet Max, I’m looking forward to seeing it finished.

I started a little project yesterday. A neighbour gave me some old picture frames so I have started a series of 4 different species of Bumblebees to go in them. Here’s the first:

Have good weekend everyone.

Gaynor x

5 Likes

Great illustration, Max!
The bee looks perfect in that frame, Gaynor!
I’m sewing a project for me today, rather than painting - hope you are all enjoying your day, too! :slight_smile:

1 Like