Art Chat - July 2015

Wow, there’s been no posts here all day. Never known that before :frowning:

I know I hope everyone is enjoying whatever they are doing :). Just listed this mixed media canvas

2 Likes

That’s gorgeous Max.

1 Like

It is very quiet in here isn’t it Margaret :-0

I’m having a busy time art and otherwise at the moment and as the weather has been nice been doing bits and pieces in the garden too - so not online as much and when I am I tend to Facebook more than anything nowadays.

That is lovely Max great colours :slight_smile:

Morning waving hi to everyone Brenda @teabreaks hope you are okay? and everyone else too, it’s been mighty quiet around here this last few weeks :).

Back to work for me today, that time off has gone by so quickly. Have a lovely day everyone

Hello everyone :smile:
I thought I’d share my latest painting with you. Hubby was watching the motor racing yesterday and so I thought I’d finish this picture I started last week. Don’t really know why but I thought “strawberries” maybe because there was masses of them in waitrose when we went shopping in the morning !!!

Anyway this is Strawberry Cottage. 8 x 6 inches. Lots of wax so I need to hard back or mount it - not yet listed but for sale.

2 Likes

Waving everyone! :smile:

Brenda and Kelly have been quiet for a while, hope they are OK?

Very cute cottage and strawberries Hazel, lovely splashes of red on a nice soft background.

1 Like

Good morning, waving Hi to everyone, Margaret, I think Brenda’s has visitors so just busy :).

Morning Max, hope you are well. Let’s hope Brenda is back soon, it’s too quiet in here without her! :smile:

1 Like

I’m fine Margaret and I hope you are well too :slight_smile: yes it is extrodinarily quiet here!

Just flying in, bang crash wallop!!! Or should I be tiptoeing in as it’s so quiet?
I was on holiday for a week and been back for a week catching up on things inc art things.
I have written a blog post about doing a painting on sculpture block which is a smaller version of sculpture canvas.
http://colours-textures.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/sculpture-block.html

waves @ everyone xx

Hi Tessa, welcome back. Very interesting blog and beautiful results. I’ve never come across sculpture blocks before, great texture and lovely to look at :smile:

I think they are quite new.

I saw those in the SAA magazine Tessa, it’s interesting to see them in use. Don’t think I’d bother buying any, I tend to use a texture medium if I want a heavy texture. I’m also planning to experiment with polyfilla when I get a spare moment (haha)

Went for a coffee with my son this morning and got a teenytiny bit of painting done

2 Likes

Cute and colourful birdy Stephie, is that what you’ve done today?

Noooo I just did a little splattering on the tiny landscapes :slight_smile: The rainbow parakeet is for my daughter Kit, she wants sparkly gel pen adding to it next.

1 Like

Sounds nice Stephie.

1 Like

PS Thanks Stephie and Max for your comment on my blog.

1 Like

Morning, your welcome Tessa, I love that new sculptre block, I guess my lino cutting tools would work well on it, may just have to order some :slight_smile:

Waving hi to everyone :wave:

Morning all! :smile:

Stephie, I didn’t notice the tiny landscapes, my eye was drawn to the bird! :smile: