Weekly Art Chat 14th - 20th April 2014

Welcome to the weekly art chat thread - come on in, show your art and join the chat!

Everyone is welcome to post photos and links to art that you have made or are inspired by, ask questions, and comment if you want to.

All kinds of art welcome, it doesn’t have to be a painting and you don’t have to be an artist to join in :slight_smile:

I’m sneaking in a piece from my other shop since I’m only on the forum in this guise at the moment…

It is framed but you can see the detail much better in this close up.

6 Likes

Now I’m a bit confused about whether this is the right place to post, are there going to continue to be be daily threads in showcase or just a weekly thread in craft talk?

That’s really lovely Helen. How do you get on with posting glass? It’s something I’ve always shied away from.

[Stephanie Guy Fine Art][1]
[1]: http://stephanieguy.folksy.com

Huh? I didn’t know there was one in showcase…back shortly…

I can’t see one in showcase, only the art gallery which is just pictures of art listings. This thread is the chatty one, so it lives in craft talk.

Have I missed the one you’ve seen Helen?

There isn’t a daily one for today but there were some last week… having not had an ‘art’ shop on Folksy before I’m a bit unfamiliar with all these threads and the ettiquette.

To be honest Helen, we’re just working it all through. We used to have a daily art thread on the old forum, and when we moved over here we started out the same with a daily thread, but Sian (admin) wanted us to try weekly to keep the number of threads down. Apparently this will make it easier to navigate the forums as a whole. So we’re giving it a try.

And until everyone makes it over to the new forum, most of the chat is going on on the old one so that everyone is still included. Here’s a link to today’s https://forums.folksy.com/forums/6/topics/436311

Welcome to the thread by the way, it’s nice to have you on board :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Stephanie :slight_smile: I’ve not had a problem with posting glass so far touch wood - with a frame like that I will put a board over the top to protect it, then lots of the bubblewrap with the large bubbles and the whole thing in a box. I figure that it should be ok unless it is driven over or jumped on and then it wouldn’t really matter if there was glass or not, the piece would be a write-off!

I did a test posting the other day of a sample piece like this

I wasn’t worried about the glass but more about whether it would survive the shaking - it was a little drunk when it arrived but otherwise unharmed so I think a less flexible glue on the feet of the fence should sort that problem.

Hello Helen, welcome! Love your piece, think it’s great!

1 Like

listed this one this morning

3 Likes

Hi everyone

Helen that is lovely :smile:

Nice landscape Brenda, I have just listed this new wildflower piece of Art In Wax …

Its a postcard size so just 6 x 4 inches

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

Still getting used to this, but have managed to post a pic in the Art Gallery thread, now trying one here!

Got to work on my avatar update next!!

3 Likes

That is lovely Pam :slight_smile:

Good to see you over here

Hi Helen, lovely to see you on the art chat thread, great piece of work!

Beautiful scene Brenda

Fab flowers Hazel, love that one

Hi Pam, gorgeous scene, great to have everyone over here now!

Here’s the result of 7 months hard work, my clifftop poppies cross stitch and two close ups, to show you the texture of the detail.
Clifftop Poppies complete
Clifftop Poppies close up
Clifftop Poppies close up

I enjoyed it but I’m so relieved it’s finished!

9 Likes

Margaret, that is stunning.
It appears from what I have been told that the forum is set up so that you can’t keep posting the same picture…which is why I had difficulties this morning (so did Stephie I think) On the old forum, I would show my daily listed item 5 times, …on the art chat,… on the daily listing club,… on the featured item,… on the what are you promoting thread and… on what have you listed today…
I think I will have to change the way I list now…I will have to show an oldie tomorrow on this thread and on the gallery…and on the featured and promoting threads,and save my latest painting for the daily listing thread and (if there is one)…the daily listing club…hopefully it will let me show my painting twice, if not, then everything will get listed a day late… I am going to have to get my brain in gear…lol…methinks I will have to get a second idiot book, so that I can make a note of which painting I have shown on which thread…(this is better than my nintendo brain trainer !!!)

I think this forum is set up that way to avoid spam. It might encourage people to do as you’re planning and post different items in different threads. After all, as it’s the same people who look at most of the threads, if you’re posting the same picture then everyone will see it five times or so! This new way will give people the chance to see more variety of your work :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just noticed that those of us who did the initial testing are now ‘regular users’ instead of ‘basic users’. That means we’ve been promoted! lol

4 Likes

LOL…where does it say what sort of user you are Margaret?..lol…(forum prefect eh?)
Re the posting…yes I think it is probably a good idea…it will help cut down on the time spent, showing pictures, which I like,more time to paint…

Evening all, nice work Margaret, worth all the effort!

Nice to know I’m regular - beats the hell out of being a little odd… :smile:

Hadn’t notice the posting problem myself, buy I’ve just been copying the code straight off my posting on the old forum - maybe that’s a way of getting round it? Or maybe I’ve been lucky so far…

I’ll try harder tomorrow…