Art Chat - June

Max, that’s gorgeous, and so intricate, love it! Glad you survived the journey.

Cute birdies Stephie, what a busy life you lead!

Fab waterfall Brenda, just saw it on the front page when I logged in.

Have a great day everyone! :smile:

1 Like

Lol Margaret, I don’t know how I ever found time to hold down a proper job when the kids were little.

Max that is really lovely.

Brenda I’m not even going to try to imagine! Beautiful waterfall.

I discovered that some of the paint has gone over the sides of the tile making it look unfinished so I’m now going round the sides with eggshell white. Pricing it is going to be tricky :confused:

And I have THREE days of diary to catch up on! I’m very cross with myself, I’ve only ever got 2 days behind before.

Good morning all, lovely day here in Kent so far - is this the real start of summer…? One can but hope :slight_smile:

Max - think I’ve got the answer for your travel problems yesterday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Morning Everyone,

Oooo fabulous work everyone …Trevor @Century21Art my Nan & Grandad use to live right next to the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch railway, been on it many a time…fabulous painting of it!

Max your necklace is lovely very intricate with beautiful colours.

I’m still grinning about snagging the views & piccy of the little owl …Max @paperchainsandbeads at this time of year when owl’s they have their young they hunt longer so you have more chance of seeing them in daylight either early morn or evening from around 9pm’ish when it’s still light. I keep spotting the Barn owl out the back of fields about 9.30pm hunting but haven’t managed to get a good photo of him yet.

The little wrens fledged too this morn from my blackberry bush :slight_smile:

Steph @StephanieGuy i love my yoga been doing on & off for years. Found a really good instructor last Autumn and have been going nearly every week since then, it’s defiantly helped me. I am getting good doing it at home too, tis nice to do a session on a sunny afternoon in the garden. :smile:

I’m taking a break from doing the digital prep for the mugs to do a special pressie for Hubby’s graduation ceremony next Monday, here’s a sneaky peek…
Jx

Jac, I spent all my holidays in Littlestone…and on the RHD railway…I have relatives in Folkstone too.
On the news today it said that Kent was voted the best place in EUROPE to have a holiday…and the choices included the French Riviera and Costa del Sol. We considered living in Kent but settled on Wales instead…
Lovely to see your work in progress.
Trevor lovely pics as always…
waving Stephie…waving Margaret…

1 Like

Morning, that’s an awesome photo Trevor.

Have you guys heard of The Cinnamon Trust? I’m donating 20% of the list price of all pet portraits to them - I’ve started a thread here to explain who they are, what they do, and why they are such a worthy cause Pet Portraits in aid of the Cinnamon Trust

That’s cute Jackie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fab steam train Trevor, my brother would love that!

Such a cute little wren Jackie, I do so love birdies, especially baby ones.

Stephie, I’ve never heard of the Cinnamon Trust, but having read about it now it’s a brilliant idea. Good luck with supporting them.

2 Likes

Hi all.

Great work everyone.

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6675793-Pom-Pet-Critter-Bunny-With-Colour-Flower-And-Butterfly-018

Afternoon all, thanks everyone for the nice comment about my little train… I did two versions of this picture and I really couldn’t make my mind up which I liked best, but in the end I plumped for this version… Happens quite a few times and takes me ages to know which one to use! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

afternoon everyone waving hi :wave:. Home early for a change we are off out tonight for dinner at daughters for Fathers day a bit early but son is off on the Help for Hero’s rally this weekend so he won’t be around :).

That little wren is gorgeous Jac, we have a few in our garden too, not noticed any little ones except for the house sparrows a whole brood of those this week, just lovely. I’ll keep a watch for owls now too, quite often hear them just don’t see them.

lovely work today, and great to see work in progress

1 Like

Great work Kelly…keeps you out of mischief :wink:
Waving to everyone else…will check out the trust Stephie…
We have been in the clouds all day and can’t see a thing from up here…

Good morning everyone! Been busy with my other crafts lately,
but had a surprise of two sales of dolls house paintings on here yesterday.
Perhaps I will paint a few more. Just finding the time …sounds silly when one is retired!!!.. I do love my tennis, so at this time of the year I am glued to the screen! Any one else love tennis?
Have a great selling day you lot! x

1 Like

Good morning all, pleasant day here again - it’s a list and run job for me today, off to meet a couple of my lovely cousins I haven’t seen for far too many years :slight_smile: Catch you all later, play nicely…

1 Like

Morning all…(just) …had a busy morning here and hopefully time to do some painting later…
I will be back with a listing too.
Well done on the sales Jeanie…
Lovely print Trevor…Perranporth is beautiful…as is Cornwall.

Hi Everyone,

Brenda @teabreaks really Kent was better then French Rivera & Costa Del Sol flipping heck! I know it has some lovely places but shocked it beat them two to the top spot. Wales is a lovely part of the world, done a fair bit of hiking around Wales…love the Pembrokeshire coast and Newquay for dolphin spotting. :smile:

We’ve a fair few young broods around here too Max @paperchainsandbeads …wildlife seems to bursting everywhere here at the mo. Good luck with your owl spotting!

Well done on the sales Jeanie @bluebeezy, my Mum always say’s the same about being retired…never enough hours in the day! :wink:

I finished Hubby’s pressie today, good job too as he’s working from home tomorrow morn before we head off for very long weekend for the graduation ceremony. It’s all framed & wrapped so he can’t sneak a peek. I’ll give you guys a preview as i’m not around most of next week.

Jx

2 Likes

well, I am far past retirement age…mind you, the last time I worked full time was 1971…and I STILL haven’t enough hours in the day !! Only just sat down to do my listing…been running around most of the day and tomorrow promises to be the same…sigh…
Great work Jac…love it…lol…Here is my painting for today

2 Likes

That’s brilliant Jac!

Nice beach Trevor

Pretty butterfly Brenda.

Just popping in (very) briefly so you don’t think I’ve vanished! :smile:

3 Likes

Hiya all. Waving…

Fabulous work all.

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6676580-An-Original-Encaustic-Art-Painting-005-

Good morning everyone, busy here too, must be the week for it! got exhibitions on Monday so trying to get organised, so far I have 10 artworks going but not sorted jewellery, books and plates yet! a bust weekend then!

Lovely work everyone, my fave is Trevors beach, I’m looking forward to a trip to Cornwall shortly :smile:

just listed these

Morning all…I have a busy day too…running around for hubby’s optician and nurse appointments…haven’t had time to paint for a couple of days…maybe tomorrow.
I’ll be back with a listing later, at least I have a stock waiting to be listed !