Art Chat Sep 28th - 4th October

Oh I LOVE this one @Kelever <3
I’m listening to Sigur Ros at the moment and this little creature really suits the song, I can imagine it going about it’s business to the song.

Thank-you Lowri! :slight_smile:

why would you want to draw a half dug up garden…lol…OK, I forgot you haven’t come across my warped sense of humour yet…ha ha

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it- my all time favorite comedy is The League of Gentlemen, I can handle warped. :smiley:

The garden is making progress, the neighbours are impressed with skills.
Even found time to make some Art today- but my tired brain may have just ruined the image… don’t you have it when that happens, you really love a piece you’ve made but you can’t leave it alone, and the last bit you add ruins it.

Good morning, sorry didn’t get back here yesterday went out straight from work and didn’t get home until late. Thank you so much Margaret :). I found out last night we have another art exhibition in just 3 weeks and I have nothing to show not having painted much recently, but I do have the day off today and Monday so hopefully will be able to plan and make a start on some work lol! I have a lot in my head right now for ideas but not had any time to do them so maybe today I can get some of them down on paper.

Lovely work Brenda and Kelly, your encaustic reminds me of a seahorse Kelly

Remember the cricuit electronic cutting machine, well this book has one of the paper cuts I designed and cut on the cover, I have laid it over vintage music paper

Hello my artist friends

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and a sort of good bye too …

I will pop in and see how you are all doing from time to time but my time on folksy is coming to an end …

I have posted about it here : Fond memories but saying farewell ..... And a discount code

I know many of us are on Facebook too so will keep in touch there but for now folksy isn’t the place for Art In Wax. I know some of you all sell well here but this last year I haven’t sold as much as in the past, my plus account didn’t give me the return so my practical head (and I was in accounts - a lifetime ago) says this is silly so I have very fond memories of folksy it’s time for a change.

Wishing you all well

Hazel

Sorry to see you leaving Folksy Hazel, but I’m so glad your other outlets are doing well for you. See you on Facebook! :smile:

see you on facebook Hazel…keep your folksy shop open…even if with just one or two items…not much to lose by doing that and it keeps the shop active so that if you want to come back it is easy.
I shall always be thankful to you for setting up my shop when it all changed and I went into panic mode…lol…(never could do new techie things.)
Waving to everyone…I have a busy day so won’t have time for my listing until tonight…so here is a relist just done.

Back later…

1 Like

thank you Margaret … we will always be in touch my friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes see your over there and the other place Brenda, and you are very welcome :slight_smile: And you can always get in touch via facebook if you need help :slight_smile:

Hiya all.

Great work all.

Thank-you for your kind comment Max :smile:

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6722895-ACEO-Original-Encaustic-Art-Fantasy-Flower-Painting-With-Butterfly-008-

1 Like

@paperchainsandbeads your book is beautiful, and good luck with your exhibition :slight_smile:

@HazelRayfield sorry to hear you’re leaving, but you have to do what you have to do, its just a shame to hear about your drop in sales. Good luck with your other ventures :slight_smile:

Very nice work everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Lowri :slight_smile:

and thank you @Louisa15 Margaret for your order … seems only fitting your order would be the one to take my Art In Wax (sold everywhere) sales number to a new landmark number :slight_smile:

1 Like

this morning I have a fantasy painting to show you
waving to you all…

Nice colours Brenda :smile:

Here are some pieces I’ve made over the last few days.
The bird girl is my favorite, she’s a bit weird.

waving Lowri…weird is good…lol…

afternoon, well done on sales Hazel and new milestone :). I did cmment on the other thread but it’s sad to see you leave but you have to do whats best for you, I made the decision to close my E**y shop last week just going to let me work expire over there seeing as I have already paid to list but will be closed by the end of the year.

Love the Bird Girl Lowri, I think she’s fabulous

Lovely butterflies and landscape Brenda

Pretty Flowers Kelly, I like the design

I have spent the whole day painting! :wink:

finished these two mixed media for the exhibition at the end of the month

and this is for my bathroom I used the same paint we are using on the walls with a bit of blue and orange thrown in

2 Likes

Fab work everyone. Love Lowri’s bird girl and Max’s trees.

1 Like

Morning all…I have listed a new CHristmas cardigan in my shop (click the knitwear link) and now I have listed this aceo…

Lovely work Brenda.

1 Like