Art Chat W/C 31.08.15

pretty ACEO Pam, glad to hear you’re busy, that’s normally a good sign :smile:

I’m home! @twinkleandgloomart I did find that shop in Conwy but it wasn’t open. I peered through the window to see if I could see your work but it was all dark inside so I couldn’t see too well.

I’ve been out in the garden already, pulling up weed and a couple of plants I’ve decided to get rid of. It’s amazing how much growth there is in a week.

3 Likes

Afternoon everyone, lovely to see all your art and soooo chatty in here too :slight_smile:

Glad you had a nice break Margaret, I am little envious to be honest, its been a busy and stressful week here and I could do with a break, but not yet it seems :slight_smile:

Having just been shopping and seen all the “End of Summer” Sales I thought maybe I would have a little Art In Wax sale this weekend …

I am offering a 20% discount on all paintings including my new pieces.
Discount code : SummerSale Offer ends on Sunday 6th September 2015.
https://folksy.com/shops/HazelRayfield

Hope you all have a good weekend

Hazel

1 Like

I have just started a new thread with an announcement but will share it here in case you miss it.
I belong to an art group called the SAA which is the Society for ALL Artists.
They are running a World Record Art challenge for anyone who would like to take part.
They are trying to set the world record for “The Largest Number of Original Artworks Exhibited Under One Roof”.
Anyone can take part and at the end of it, the paintings will be on permanent exhibition at the SAA Headquarters in Newark Notts. All entries must be originals and not prints.
Unfortunately, there are no prizes and works cannot be returned, but if any of you would like to send in entries, you can find the details at www.saa.co.uk/worldrecord
You do NOT have to belong to the SAA to enter but you do need to have an entry form, which I think you can find on the website.
So come on all you artists…

1 Like

thanks you for posting this Brenda, I have printed the form and will send a painting in :slight_smile:

well done Hazel…every little but of promotion and publicity helps.

1 Like

Evening all, sorry been AWOL! yesterdays London trip is taking it’s toll I’m afraid a bit shattered today so a relaxed night with the TV remote is in order lol!. that and our son has just popped home to pick up most of his belongings he’s moving in with his boyfriend, it feels really strange, both children have now flown the nest, I feel a little bereft! though on the plus side I will now have a craft/painting room! I rather rashly booked a big fair for Sunday so tomorrow will be frenzy of packing and pricing, no painting then!

Glad you had a good time Margaret. I’m a member of the SAA Brenda I’ll have a look at that tomorrow.

Fab work everyone, especially love the witches Brenda they are fab!

1 Like

Max, your own craft room…woohoo…make sure they don’t come back…ha ha…
Inside the SAA paint magazine is the application form along with a free blank aceo to use…It would be great if we could all have something in the exhibition…
How about it Margaret?..it is not a competiton so no need to worry about being judged or criticized.
Good luck with the fair Max…

2 Likes

It’s so difficult to catch up sometimes!
Love your witches @teabreaks, and good luck with your sale @HazelRayfield
Also- very pretty florals @phoenixprojects

@Louisa15- shame about the shop, it’s supposed to be open 7 days a week- I’ll have to ask about it being closed! I hope you had a nice time in Conwy :smiley:

Here’s a sketchbook girlie I made to practice some retro style patterns. I tinted the background on photoshop.

5 Likes

Yes Lowri, it was odd. I called at 9:45 and yet the shop was shut up and dark with a closed for lunch sign on it. No clue given as to when it might be open again. It might be as well to investigate why it was shut. I just went for a walk around the woods and then set off for home.

Nice idea Brenda, not sure I’ll have the time though.

Morning all - a very flying visit from me as I’m still wading through my commissions list (more new commissions this wee to add to it!)

Love all the work - Brenda, those witches are fab!

Pam, love the flowery ACEO, the colours are great.

Stephie, I like the 2nd photi of your vase of flowers best, the one with the mottled background. Just shows that a lot of photography is personal taste, there;s no right or wrong :smile:

Kelly - I love your fantasy rose encaustic that you showed earlier in the thread - think that’s my favourite of the thread so far, as I love the boldness of the colours and the way you have used the wax to create the depth and texture for the petals is great - hope it sells quickly for you :wink:

Scrolling back along the thread to see who I’ve missed…

Hazel, that’s one big wax painting! I’ve done a couple of big ones, but prefer the small ones as it’s less wax wasted if I make a mistake LOL

Maxine - I love all your scrapbooks - I bet they are a big hit as Christmas gifts.

Lowri, I always find you girls very interesting to look at. Do you ever do them in green? I bet they’d look fab in green…but I’m biased cos that’s my favourite colour LOL

Waving to Margaret :smile:

Hope I haven’t missed anyone - if I have, apologies x

Right, nose back to the grindstone…

4 Likes

Thank-you for your lovely comment Sara. It’s very much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great work everyone…
My listing for today

Evening everyone, well everything is ready to go I even managed to squeeze in some craft time and made a few word art pictures on vintage paper to take tomorrow :smile:

Lovely Garden Brenda
Love the retro look Lowry, my favourite style of yours so far

Morning all…today I have listed a Welsh mountain sheep aceo.

3 Likes

I love the addition of sheep to your landscapes Brenda

A touch of Wales STephie…lol…
Now I have a relist…

1 Like

Great sheep Brenda, saw lots of them last week! :slight_smile: Love the wintry scene too.

1 Like

thank you Margaret.

Evening all, back from the fair. It went quite I even sold 4 artworks!, :smile:

Love the sheeps Brenda :ram:

1 Like

Well done Max…that is excellent