Art Chat W/C 31.08.15

I just posted this on facebook…maybe it will drum up some sales for all of us…
From time to time, I am asked "What is an aceo?"
An aceo is a miniature painting that only measures 2.5 INCHES x 3.5 INCHES. The letters stand for “Art Cards, Editions and Originals”. They are extremely collectable and are a way for people to invest in art without having the break the bank. They are also popular due to the fact that they are kept and displayed in photo albums rather than having to look for wall space. People collect them all over the world and most have many hundreds in their collections. It is a good way to invest money.
You have all seen how art is becoming more and more popular lately, with lots of art programmes on tv.
For just a few pounds you can start a collection of your own and it is also a wonderful hobby for people to become interested in.

1 Like

Hi all, just dashing through, off to Anglesey today to some NT place I can’t pronounce!

Well done Brenda, hope it brings more sales!

3 Likes

Brenda, you can share that on the Folksy Group if you want and ask people to put their shop links if they have ACEO or anything associated like mini frames or albums etc. I’ll monitor the thread so no one takes the mick :slight_smile:

Enjoy Margaret :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice work everyone! The talk of ACEO cards has made me wonder if I should make a couple and see if they sell.

Happy north wales-ing @Louisa15,?sorry about the rain today!

Sorry, I can’t remember if I showed you my latest girls or not, hopefully I’m not double posting these!

2 Likes

Hi everyone.

Great work all :smile:

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6707110-ACEO-Original-Encaustic-Art-Fantasy-Flower-Painting-With-Butterflies-006-

1 Like

The paint in my palette was atelier interactive’s tinting white and french ultramarine. It’s a homemade palette, just kitchen rolled soaked in water and baking paper on top. I guess things got a little moist in there overnight!

I fancy trying out oil-inks, anyone had a go?

Lowri I hope that’s not how you’re feeling, my heart goes out to those girls of yours.

Margaret have fun!

Waves and compliments to everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lowry, why not give ACEOs a try, you never know unless you give it a whirl :slight_smile:

Lovely flowers Kelly

Plas Nwydd was shut today due to a power cut :frowning: I was turned away at the gate so I went to Beaumaris instead :smile: I explored the castle then enjoyed a cream tea in a tiny little tea shop where I shared a table with a couple from Swansea. It hasn’t rained much and I don’t mind it being overcast so a good day even if it wasn’t what I planned. There was an art exhibition at Beaumaris library which was very good, so I had a pleasant dose of art to brighten my day too.

2 Likes

Thank-you Margaret :slight_smile:

Must have been lovely people from Swansea…just a few minutes from us…Glad you had a nice time Margaret.

Morning, very early start for me today off to London for work. Loving the artwork Lowri and Kelly. Glad you having a lovely time Margaret.

Hiya all.

Thank-you Max for your kind comment. Much appreciated.

Here is one of my Encaustic art rose impression paintings…with a bit of sparkle…

https://folksy.com/items/6707541-An-Original-Encaustic-Art-Rose-Fantasy-Impression-Painting-With-GLITTER-020-

2 Likes

great work everyone…all faved for you
today I have poppies with glitter.

2 Likes

Lovely flowers Kelly and Brenda.

I’ve been wandering around the Great Orme in Llandudno today. Sunny but cold and windy at the same time!. I’ve done loads of sewing over the last few days, you wouldn’t recognize my tiger now. My north Wales wanderings end tomorrow, will visit Conwy in the morning first though :smile:

2 Likes

If you’re in Conwy @Louisa15- there are two craft shops Conwy Art and Craft and Space Craft Conwy- I sell my wares at Space craft. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll keep a look out Lowri :smile:

1 Like

I love Llandudno…we stayed in the Hotel directly above the pier …beautiful views and a lovely craft supplies shop in the town. Enjoy the rest of your trip Margaret…

Thank-you for your kind comment Margaret. It’s very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi.

Here is my listing for today…

https://folksy.com/items/6708003-An-Original-Encaustic-Art-Rose-Fantasy-Impression-Painting-With-GLITTER-021-

2 Likes

Morning all, at last a nice warm day…
I spent yesterday painting witches, ready for Halloween…(I know you don’t like witches Margaret, so just skip past them.)

4 Likes

Fab work, everyone! :smile:
Sorry not to have been on here this week, but I’ve been really busy. I managed to list this today though:

1 Like