Art chat week commencing November 9th

well done Max…study fills me with horror…lol…
waving good morning to everyone…storms are forecast, so I hope you all stay safe and warm…I think Margaret and Stephie your park of the UK is forecast to get hit.
It has just started with light rain here, so I am hoping it might pass us by.
Here is my aceo for today

aaargh…had someone put 5 items in their basket today and they haven’t paid…
I wish people wouldn’t do that. I have sent them a polite message asking them to pay or I will return them to my shop…
No painting today it is dark already…one day nearer to Spring…sigh…

Congratulations @paperchainsandbeads!

Love those blues Steph :slight_smile: and lovely work as always by Brenda.

Here’s my latest piece, I’ve been working on her slowly over time. She’s based on ‘endearing’ nicknames for women in the Victorian Era. Ill be making more work on this concept soon. I have so many ideas, but so little time to get them all out.

2 Likes

Good morning, waving hi :wave:. Very windy and wet here today, wind woke me at 4am so I’ve been revising for exam, luckily it’s first thing so will be over and done by lunch time :).

She’s fab Lowri, looking forward to seeing others in the series.

Oh what a shame Brenda, maybe they couldn’t make up their mind, hopefully they will come back to pay soon

I have this one to show today

2 Likes

I think I will go back into hiding…now some woman on fb has asked me if I am accusing her of ripping people off because she charges higher prices than I do for my items ! Why don’t people think before they send messages.
I charge what I want and others can charge what THEY want…it is as simple as that isn’t it?
Going out for lunch to calm down…
Hope you all have a good day…

Oh Brenda that’s a shame, some people don’t think before they speak! Enjoy your lunch and I hope you feel better later.

Lovely work everyone.

1 Like

afternoon all, how rude is that person I would just ignore them Brenda, you dont need to justify or defend your prices to anyone, you charge what you want and it isn’t anyone elses business! . Hope you enjoyed your lunch and feel calmer now.

Exam went well I think just need to wait a few weeks for results, no baby news yet!

2 Likes

Sorry Brenda, only you know what’s right to charge for your pieces. :smile:

Good luck Max, i’m pleased to hear the exam went well. :smile:

Ive just been setting up a stall for a local weekend fair. It’s only a small fair but it’s always quite busy. The set up time was meant to be until 6pm, but the lady decided she wanted to shut up at 16.45 instead! Lucky we went early. Finishing touches tomorrow it is! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

looks great Lowri, good luck with the fair too :slight_smile:

HOpe you did well with your exams Max…
Lowri, that is looking good, I hope you have a good and profitable day.
Hubby slept late, so lunch got cancelled…one of those days I think…no painting either as it was too dark…looked like sleet at one point…
Tonight I will crochet…painting tomorrow I hope.

I haven’t listed for ages so thought I’d use the free listings.
this is a new one,

I love your ink landscapes Max and glad the exam went well.

Waves

waving Tessa…waving everyone
here is my listing for today

1 Like

Evening all, waving hi :wave:t2: hey Tessa nice to see you, lovely artwork.

Love the berries Brenda.

No baby news yet! I have had a very very relaxed day sat down drawing, had an idea for my next batch of journals, decided to design and add some pages to colour, here’s one of the 6 I did today

I am sort of new on here. I joined ages ago, but never really used folksy, so I am trying to have another go. See how I get on and maybe join for the year soon.

I have been doing some illustrative pictures lately to do with families and friends. It has been fun doing less serious pictures… and i find they stop me being inactive whilst in between more serious pictures. I have done a series of little pics about mum, fathers, friends, best friends and sisters. Although I havn’t sold any on here - they are a real good seller at Stratford upon Avon market. People are loving them as xmas prezzies etc.

However, come the new year i plan to get back onto my normal arty stuff.

Welcome to the thread Roni, love your style of artwork :smile:

1 Like

Fab work everyone, love your work Roni

I’m too exhausted at the moment to comment much. I’m having a very stressful time at work over a particular issue I have a big problem with. Sorry if I’m a bit quiet.

Sorry to hear about your stress @Louisa15. Take care of yourself, don’t let it run you down.

Welcome @RONIPART. Your style is lovely , very dainty and pretty :slight_smile: good luck with your shop.

Lovely design @max :smile:

Decided to colour one of my craft fair doodles with Ink tonight, here’s a peep.

2 Likes

welcome Roni…lovely to have you with us and good luck with your shop and artwork.
Margaret, hope you can relax over the weekend and get rid of some of the stress…
waving Lowri and Max…

1 Like

Hope you are able to distress Margaret and get your issue sorted, you know I’m always happy to help if you need me, take care

Hi Brenda

Looks interesting Lowri, I have lots of ink not really explored it as a colouring medium

1 Like

Good evening everyone, I’m back following a few days with my daughter in Warwick. It was really lovely! Won’t see her til she comes home for Xmas now.

Sending big hugs Margaret, hope everything sorts itself out soon.

Pay no attention Brenda, what you charge is your own business and no one else’s

Very on trend Max!

I love all the art on show. Waving Hi to everyone with a special wave to not-quite-newbie Roni. I’ll have a proper look at everything tomorrow after a good night’s sleep in my own bed.

2 Likes