Art chat week commencing Oct 26th

waving Max…yes enjoying the time with Simon…thanks xx

Looking forward to seeing your sewing project Max! Strangely enough today was very boring, but it’s always feast or famine at our place, could be run off my feet again tomorrow!

1 Like

the calm before the storm Margaret…
Here is the aceo that I just listed

1 Like

That’s a very pretty little landscape Brenda.

Yes indeed it was the calm before the storm, I was rushed off my feet this afternoon!

Dropping in for a quick catch-up. I haven’t had as much time online this week as I’m looking after Rory-dog and he needs a lot of exercise. It’s nice to read the chat and see the lovely artwork.

I’ve found a few tiny doll house paintings that aren’t listed anywhere, here’s the first

1 Like

I know the feeling Stephie…Charlie is back with us today until tonight and I have a house full of males in lycra who are with their mountain bikes and mud !!..aaaargh…
Also off out for lunch as today it is 50 years since Ted and I had our first date…he bought me a beautiful rose gold ring…spoilt !!
Here is my listing for today

3 Likes

Talking of mud…

Morning walk, nice and clean

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xal1/v/t1.0-0/s640x640/10989498_10206577026956808_7556256306172958791_n.jpg?oh=02716549bc58a76e6bd667c530a3de98&oe=56D1513D

Afternoon walk…oh my stars…

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12065681_10206578267027809_5114334634442054381_n.jpg?oh=a8559184085b9ff92d3bbdbd5ac897f4&oe=56B79530

3 Likes

Afternoon all, lovely work. So glad I have no muddie boots to clean this weekend lol, been sat on the floor most of today quilting, was given a partial baby quilt to see if I could finish it for daughter, the hexagons are all hand sewn with tiny stitches, I had to add about 20 myself and then made the quilt,

4 Likes

wow Max, that is awesome…I don’t like sewing so you have my admiration.
Stephie, we used to have a labrador but even if he went in mud, by the time we got home, all the mud had gone…
We went out to lunch today and brought a bone home for Charlie. He is obviously not allowed to eat bones indoors, so he took it out in the garden. In less than a minute, he returned…no bone…he had buried it and we just cannot find it…
Hopefully back to painting tomorrow, when there are not dog tails to knock the water over.
Stephie you have spelt miniature wrongly on your dolls house flower painting…this one…

Are you sure he didn’t eat it? Rory has been known to swallow fairly large bones pretty much whole!

Thanks for spotting the spelling mistake, should be all sorted now thanks.

Max that is amazing, a true heirloom piece.

Stephie I don’t envy you the muddy dog situation! Hope you got him cleaned up satisfactorily.

Awesome quilt Max, that’s a sort of sewing I’m not so keen on!

Fab flowers on here today :smile:

A bucket of rainwater and a good old fashioned string dishcloth sorted him out no problem thanks Margaret. I quite like getting muddy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just as well! :smile:

2 Likes

Here’s today’s new art listing

1 Like

Nice work everyone, LOVE your patchwork Max’.

I hope you all had a nice Halloween.
We find it quieter every year, but people always look forward to our Halloween house.
I made my own mask- but it was a bit of an after thought and although the paint was dry- the fumes got too much!

I haven’t had much time for drawing but I have a nice little sketchbook piece to show you.

2 Likes

Love your Halloween costume Lowri, is that a night dress? You don’t get them like that anymore! Your girlie is too cute - I hope someone speaks to her kindly.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Funnily enough it isn’t a night dress- I got it from a Next outlet center, it’s a proper dress but I’ve always felt too swamped in it to wear it outside. You’re right though- it is very night dressy, I always loved those sorts of night dresses, very feminine :smiley:

1 Like

afternoon all…dog and visitors have now all gone home…phew…
Company is nice but disruptive and I couldn’t settle to anything.
I prefer my boring routine these days.
Stephie it is possible that he ate the bone…his owners said that it was possible but it was less than 2 minutes and was a real bone !!
Just listed this aceo

1 Like

Yep, I’ve seen real bones disappear that fast, especially the rounded knuckle bones. Astonishing isn’t it!

Rory-dog has gone home too now, I miss the way he follows me around everywhere…although it’s rather nice to be able to go to the loo in peace :joy:

I’ve spent a chunk of the evening updating my pet portrait section, I realised that some of my prices were out of sync.

1 Like