Badges - How to Get Them?

So I noticed that we get badges for doing certain things on here. As far as I can tell they don’t actually do anything - at least in the beginning stages.

However, my super competitive side comes out when you give me challenges like this so now I want to collect all the badges (in time, I know some will take awhile). But I’m stuck on “First Link” and “Reader.” Has anyone else achieved those? What am I doing wrong?

I’ve read threads that are over 100 posts long - and that’s not a quick task! Am I supposed to mark each post or something that I’ve read it somehow?

And what is an “internal link”? I got the “First Share” badge for I think it was sharing someone else’s previous posts into mine, but I actually put it in as a link…so I’m a bit lost.

Anyone have any ideas?

If you fill in the autobiography in your profile you can get that badge and if you write a post, change your mind and go back and edit it you can get an editor badge.
Good luck with the collection.
Sasha

Yeah I’ve got those ones - essentially by accident at the beginning which got me on to this badge thing! lol

http://talk.folksy.com/badges

Here’s the full list. You could quote someone, read the FAQs, lots of ways to get more badges.

Good luck!

I’ve seen that link - and I’ve tried to follow the directions on it, but either I’m reading it wrong or it doesn’t want to give me the badges - specifically for First Link and Reader.

Guess I may just need to try more trial and error! sad times

I think first link is a link to one of the other forum posts so you would need to copy URL for a thread and then post that in a new thread - for example someone was asking for tips the other day and I pointed them a thread that already existed by copying an pasting the URL in the comments box - hope that makes sense.

Readers badge - anyones guess - I remember being a bit confused about that one - it seemed to appear randomly but then I do spend quite a bit of time on the forums reading threads!

Lol, I got most of my badges by accident! I haven’t worked out how I haven’t got the read FAQ one, but I did get the reader one and it was just after I’d read a long thread. I came to the conclusion that maybe they should have a “spends too much time on the forums” badge which might motivate me to do more listing and less chatting!

3 Likes

The badges do nothing and mean nothing - it’s really not worth the bother of trying to get them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with Sara, ignore the badges and spend the time crafting! :smile:

Yeah I figured they didn’t mean much - but it must be my OCD personality coming out. Once I’ve got one I must have them all! haha.

I got one for fb likes and didn’t even know I could get badges, will check out the link though :smile: