Bank Holiday Weekend

Morning All, anyone at an event this weekend? If you are good luck. Have some friends at Hyde Hall, they set up on Thursday and will be there in a marquee until Monday evening. Rather them than me.

Have visitors this morning for coffee, not much creating been done this week as have blitzed the house, everything sparkling. Well as much as possible with a 4 footed 7st Golden Retriever will allow.

Will be back to creating tomorrow, have a design already on the machine part stitched a bumble bee coin purse. Plan to do 3 of them as love bees. Then thinking Jane Austen.

Have a wonderful day crafters and enjoy x

1 Like

I’m exhibiting at the Southern Nature Art Exhibition this weekend - stewarding all day tomorrow. It’s always a fantastic exhibition, loads to see.

Planning to stay home most of the weekend because everywhere is so busy here on bank holidays. Had a day out yesterday instead, I feel very lucky that we are able to down tools and head off whenever we please.

Do you mean Hyde Hall in Essex @Caroleecrafts? I did a weekend there a long time ago, I lived nearby then, but I think some stall holders camped there. I have an event next Saturday, so I’m going to spend a lot of time making between now and then, cutting out bags today.

Have a lovely day everyone xxx

No events for me - it’s our wedding anniversary on Monday so we are going for a meal Sunday night, no other plans though. Have been having our hallway renovated so I’ve spent most of my week off painting (living the dream) instead of crocheting, so I really want to get on it this weekend! Housework and chores to do as well though…I wish none of that existed!!!

1 Like

Yes that’s the one.

Self cleaning house would be good!

1 Like

I have just done the first day of a 3 day event in a craft marquee. Good so far as I am in profit already so the next 2 days will all be extra profit! I think the sunshine helped.:sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Long may it continue Zoe

2 Likes

We’re out trading 7 days over the next 8. It’s the end of the summer season for us. We spend most of next week in a marquee in Bude. There’s the annual jazz festival happening and there’ll be dixie jazz bands on the bandstand right beside the marquee and people dancing along to the music. It’s a lovely way to end the summer season.
We then have about 6 weeks to stock up for the Christmas fairs :persevere:

1 Like

Oh I love Bude, you luck people. Hope it goes well for you.

1 Like

Yes Bude is a special place. Just under an hour from us so we are lucky to be so near.

Yesterday I braved the heat and took the kids to a national trust park and it was lovely. Today I am busy applying antihistamine cream to all the insect bites I am now reacting to, but still, it was worth it overall! Tomorrow we’re off to grandma’s for the day. On the one hand, I’m glad the summer slump allows me to do more things with the kids, but on the other, I am really hoping it ends soon!