Browsing Categories

I’ve just been looking at the unsigned in front page and trying to see how easily some of my items could be found by a user. One of my main makes are scarves and I notice that although there is a category when listing (Clothing & Accessories - Accessories - Scarves) this category is not offered as an option when browsing. This means that a user looking for ideas would never be prompted to search for scarves. I am now thinking perhaps I should realist them all as (clothing & shoes - shawls) which is a shown category. I expect there are other categories that suffer a similar fate so therefore a lot of items that will never be seen under the browse option.

You could always re-categorise some of your scarves to cover that search option. We need to think like a shopper too & guess how they might navigate Folksy to find our listings. I did a search for ‘felted scarf’ and lots of your beautiful scarves were there on the first page of results.

I know if you actually search for scarves they appear but the catagory is not in the browsing option so if you didn’t know what you were wanting to buy the idea of buying a scarf would not be suggested!

There is a category for scarves under ‘clothing and accessories’ on the browser - there are more than 2000 items in there to look through though, so personally I’d do a search instead. It’s under ‘accessories’ - click on that and it brings up all the sub-categories including scarves.

Ah thank you Christine, you are right, although it is not as obvious as the other catagories which appear on the drop down menu.

Edit: it is more obvious on the ipad than the desktop browser.

The same problem arises with purses and wallets, as I have already stated in another post. A newbie to Folksy would have to click on the accessories and then purses and wallets. Again, my old chestnut, who chooses what to include and what to miss out. Marg. x