Buying British

On Friday I was contacted by the BBC programme DIY SOS about using a photographic print in their show.
They are sourcing UK items, but found my print on Etsy.

While delighted and flattered that they will be using my print, I do think it’s a shame that it was found on an international site rather than Folksy, which advertises as ‘‘Modern British Craft.’’

I understand that Etsy is a larger site, but Folksy has been around for more than a few years now, yet it is still relatively unknown!

Sarah x

4 Likes

Congratulations on being in their show, that’s great news.

It is a pity that the other place being more well known means it’s used by others as a source rather than here. :sad:

1 Like

But hopefully you mentioned Folksy to them, so that next time they will look here first :smile:

Congrats on the exposure!

1 Like

Wow what an opportunity for you. It is sad though that it was through Etsy rather than a British site.

Congrats :smile:

1 Like

Well done, which print is it? So we can look out for it on the show :smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! I hope they give you a nice little plug as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thankyou!
It’s this one…

Sarah x

4 Likes

A really nice image.

I find that semi-gloss and particularly ‘pearl’ and ‘lustre’ printing papers suit nature shots a lot better than gloss, although the gloss ones always look a bit sharper, due to the way the reflections work. I am printing more and more on non-gloss papers.

“Permajet” and “Fotospeed” papers are superb, and at least the equal of Epson, and I print all three on a pro’ Epson A2 printer. They also have some special finishes including art papers and even metallic !

Well done to you.
I was watching a UK craft channel the day and it annoyed me immensly when they mentioned the US site and not Folksy!