Can I glue suede shoes?

Hello, my neighbours son asked me if I could fix his shoes. he said they’re suede shoes, and a bit of his has peeled off- I haven’t seen them but he thinks maybe we could glue it back on as it’s quite a neat peel. Would I be ok to use a small amount. Of super duper glue for this? I have some very strong glue that does say it’s safe for use on fabric, but I don’t want to ruin his shoes!

I haven’t seen the shoes yet so I can’t be more specific but any advice would be useful :slight_smile:

I glued the hem on some suede trousers with super glue when I was a teenager and the glue soaked through the suede and left a dark patch on the outside (it also went brittle). I think there are proper glues for leather /suede so maybe try one of those not super glue.
Sasha

1 Like

I wouldn’t use super glue (no matter how duper) :slight_smile: I think a contact glue for fabric would be better.

1 Like

See isn’t Folksy forums good… I would have ruined his shoes! Thanks for your advice, maybe we’ll have to find some special glue for them :slight_smile: