Can you do payments at a craft fair using ipad

This has probably already been asked but am I right in saying that you can use your iPad at a craft fair as long as there’s a wifi connection.
I was hoping that if I have a customer wanting to pay by PayPal then they can do if I send them a PayPal invoice there & then and they can pay it straight away via their mobile phone. I suppose it all depends on how good the signal is and they are prepared to wait a few minutes while the payment goes through.
I don’t have a card reader though.

Yes Pauline you can. You can also create a personal hotspot on your mobile and connect to your iPad via Bluetooth, at least you can on an iPhone. Not sure if you can do it on other phones …

1 Like

Thank you @wildrosedesigns I shall take my iPad along and see if it comes in useful.

1 Like

I’ve done this from my phone (android) and the paypal app (or paypal website).

You don’t need to send them an invoice. You can just set up with PayPal.me. I did for a craft fair and it worked really well! I just had a little printed out sign saying you can pay securely through PayPal.me on your phone. And I had plenty people who just used their phones there and then & I made plenty of extra sales- they just go on my PayPal.me link and paid me whatever the amount. Then it just went through as normal- we both got th receipts and they had the buyer protection. Mine looks like this: www.PayPal.me/curiousseagull
Anyone who has a PayPal account can set their own link up. :slight_smile:

• I also have the PayPal app on my phone so I get the instant notifications to say it’s gone through. Every transaction was instant. And doesn’t matter if there’s no wifi so long as there’s some signal.
2 Likes

I’m not planning on using my phone only my iPad. @curiousseagull.

Same difference. Will work in the same way for everyone else. They can use their phones.

Thanks Susannah. I have set one of those pages up. They are a very good idea

1 Like

I have used my ipad, but you do need the paypal app, this is what the others others have mentioned , down load it now and have a play, so you are confident when dealing with your customers, good luck xx

I didn’t actually need it today but I shall certainly look into it for next time, thank you everyone for the information.