Pay Pal Me

Having considered for some time ,including discussing on this forum about getting a card reader for the rare event of me doing a craft fair, I think I have now decided to just use the PayPalMe link which I have just found out about, obviously the person buying from you has to have a Pay Pal account, but they are very easy to sign uo for and are free. I am just wondering what other people think about this and has anybody used it, I would be grateful of any info. thanks in advance.

Paul

Iā€™ve used it successfully. Itā€™s a great idea if you sell through facebook or the like, as you donā€™t have to mess about issuing a Paypal invoice. Just send the link with the total value you want in it, the customer clicks and pays, job done.

I havenā€™t tried it out and about yet, but it sounds like it ought to work :smile:

Thankyou for your comment Rosesworkshop, I think most people carry a smartphone. so at the craft fair I just email them the PayPalMe link to their phone and they pay.

Paul

would it work with my laptopā€¦I donā€™t have a smart phoneā€¦??

Iā€™ve used it at craft fairs successfully. I printed out a little sign that said ā€˜I accept paypalā€™ and the link underneath, and it got people interested. Then people just went on their phones and paid that way- and on my phone I got the instant message up from the PayPal app that said it had gone through. So it was spot on for me! Customers found it mega easy too- and they instantly get an email receipt as well.

1 Like

Hi Brenda, I have just checked and it is available on Mobile (android or i phone), desktop and tablet.
Here is the link for FAQā€™s https://www.paypal.me/pages/faqs, I donā€™t think you can use the card reader with a laptop though.
Paul

1 Like

Thanks Susannah, thats really interesting and good to hear ,the little sign is a good idea.

Paul

1 Like

I don;t have a tablet or mobile phoneā€¦thanks though

Hello Brendaā€¦
ā€¦forgive my intrusionā€¦
ā€¦yes, you can use the paypal.payme software on a laptop as long as you have a wi-fi link open to the internet. I have used it on my laptop occasionally without a problem.Using a mobile phone you would need a smart-phone with 3G network to link with (which I do not have either)!
Hope that helps.
J.

1 Like

Yes Alisa, I shouldnā€™t have put the card reader at the end of my sentence to confuse the issue, I originally was looking to get a card reader but I also donā€™t have a smartphone or a tablet, so i thought that ā€œPayPal Meā€ was the ideal solution and can be used with a desktop and I assumed that means laptop as well. Luckily the venue that I have booked for has wifi.
Paul

I have now set up a link and tried it out by getting my daughter to send me a fiver(Iā€™ve had to pay it back though) and it works a treat, Iā€™m just hoping that (a) I get some customers and (b) they either have a pay-pal account,cash or cheque.

Paul

3 Likes

Thanks so much for this, I have now set myself up, just need to test it out at the weekend at a Craft Fair where there is Wi-Fi.

2 Likes