Cannot get into my shop

Can anyone help, I can’t get into my second shop, it seems to have vanished off the system, who do I contact? Be grateful for advice, was in it earlier today, now I just get “ insecure site”.

support@folksy.com should be able to sort you out but they don’t work weekends so the earliest you’ll get a response is Monday.
What’s the other shop called and we can have a look and see if we can find it?

You could try urgent@folksy.com
I would consider not being able to access my shop as pretty important so hopefully they will sort it out for you

Hi June, I am having the same problem. I have looked online, (always dangerous, what ARE these people talking about) and the gist of it seems to be that security for the big companies is being tightened up. Some http addresses are now not secure enough to be compatible with others, which I reckon is mine. There are some buttons which need pressing, (but which ones?) and possibly a certification. I will email Doug too, but not urgently as I don’t need my shop this weekend, and see if he can tell me which they are, or whether I need to get help in. Perhaps we are in the same boat? Good luck! Petra.

Hi everyone! Just to let you know that Doug is looking into this issue this morning as it seems to be happening to a few of you. We will keep you posted!

1 Like

This issue has now been resolved. Apologies for any inconvenience caused while you couldn’t access your accounts

2 Likes

Thank you. All sorted now.