Changing Variations on Folksy

This was so hard to find - How to add a topic!! There seems to be no logic with folksy. I have had my shop on holiday ( incidentally tried to put it on holiday using my phone…didn’t work! Had to use PC which is inconvenient when out and about- Issue 1) as I was at a weekend event. I have sold some of my stock so need to remove it from my shop, BUT can’t just remove one item , ALL variations disappear and have to be typed out again - Issue 2. Typed them in the boxes again, clicked ‘Save Changes’ which is greyed out and so cannot save changes! - Issue 3. Is is because my shop is still closed? If so this should really change as I am not going to open my shop with Items showing for sale which no longer are for sale. Any help would be much appreciated
Wendy, Baroquebagsboutique

Instead of deleting, you can “hide from sale” from your listings page, or reduce quantity to zero.

Rather than using the delete button that is at the bottom of the variation box (just under ‘add new option’) there will be a little X at the end of the line next to some of the variations (I’ve only got it next to options 3 and 4) - that x will delete just that line. If you need to delete option 1 or 2 (lines without the little X) then copy the text from eg option 3, delete option 3 and then copy the text into option 1 or 2 box depending on which one you need to get rid of.
Normally if the save changes box is greyed out it is because you’ve not filled in a box somewhere rather than because you are on holiday mode. When I’m doing in person events I tend to use the Folksy app to hide items as I go along rather than putting my shop in holiday mode. I then use a browser (either on phone or pc) rather than the app to view the hidden listings and make any alterations

2 Likes

Chris it’s not the listing I was trying to delete just a variation. I prefer to have a few variations for some listings, rather than listing every item separately.

Afterr an hour trying to delete variations, it kicked me out and when I signed in again it was working.