Christmas is nearly here!

Has anyone had any interest (or sales even!) on their shops for Christmas items? I am wondering when would be the right time to upload Christmas gifts, cards and decorations. Thanks in advance for any advice. lancsrosedesigns.

I’ve had customers buying from me for Christmas gifts since the start of lockdown. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, have sold decorations, & had customers mention that they are buying for presents already. I find it a bit early personally, but some people have loads to buy for or may need to send things overseas…so now is a good time to get them listed!

Not had any Christmas sales yet but the cards I’ve listed have been getting a few views. In previous years I’ve taken my previous year’s leftover cards to Craft Fairs at this time of year and they’ve sold quite well many people saying they need to post abroad so like to give them chance to get there. Tomorrow’s Theme of the Day is Christmas so if you get them listed today they’ll get chance to be on the front page of the website.

We have had people look since our official lockdown- think this may be that more people have been at home, therefore on their laptops more but we usually don’t get buyers until October-ish.
I think this year has been tough for so many, so purchases are mulled over more than once or twice which I think is fair enough.

On the listing front, we list them all year round, it’s rare but we have had buyers during the year, you just never know! :wink:

It seems that some people are buying early for Christmas as I’ve already had orders for Christmas cards. :slight_smile:

I’ve started buying presents and putting in requests to get things made up special so yup I’d get those seasonal items listed.

I bought some lovely Christmas Cards from Sarah Robinson Designs in her Folksy shop. I don’t usually shop anywhere near this early, but they were irresistible. So if my change of habit is anything to go by then the Christmas season is underway!

I think Christmas is the theme of the day tomorrow? At any rate I’ve spent the morning battling with photographing clear glass decorations… it is so ridiculously tricky to photograph something nearly invisible!!!

1 Like

There was a time I would have all my festive shopping pretty much done by August. These days I start putting bits and bobs away most months for the teen’s stocking and the big gift gets bought early Dec - but that’s cos I usually have to save up for it, teens are blumming expensive.

I started putting my Christmas cards back in my shop this month but haven’t had any sales on them yet.
I have already had to put a Christmas announcement out though. I’ve got international shipping on my items and as international post is already slower than normal, I’m just dreading how bad it will be when you add in the Christmas rush (and second wave). Decided I had to try push any international buyers to order as soon as possible, especially if they want something commissioned.

Also, any items listed now will be due to expire late January, so the timing is good for listing Christmas items now.

I leave Christmas items in my shop all year round. I sold some Christmas decorations in June this year and have sold some during summer in previous years too. I move them to the bottom of my shop for most of the year and then bring them further up to the top in autumn.

I also leave Christmas stuff in all year round. Haven’t sold much of this recently but have at random times of the year.

Yes, I’ve had orders for Christmas tea cosies, trying now to reknit my Christmas pudding tea cosie so someone else can have one too.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! xx

I made my first ever Christmas themed item for Folksy yesterday, a little lavender bag, and it sold that evening. ( I clearly should have been making Christmas items all this time!) :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve sold a few Christmas masks. One went at the beginning of August!

Thank you all for your replies. I’m going to start listing Christmas cards today. Over the next week, I will try to list some Christmas decorations. Watch this space!
Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Margaret

1 Like

There is an article on the BBC website this morning, with online retailers suggesting people should start shopping early this year, as there is going to be greater demand on online services and deliveries.

So if you’ve got Christmas items ready to go - get them in your shop! :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I make small gift boxes from decorative papers and have a number of Christmas themed boxes up now and am creating new ones as quickly as I can.

I find that my non Christmas items sell just as well as Christmas decorations. People buy them to gift and of course they can be displayed all year round not just taken out of the ‘decoration box’ for a few weeks at the end of the year. If people have not started their Christmas shopping yet I would be Amazed as I am now incredibly busy…