Christmas?

Does Folksy promote Christmas all year round?
I just logged in and the main centre theme was Christmas decorations…yesterday when I logged in on one occasion it was Last minute Christmas gifts…it just seems a bit of a waste of the biggest space on the font page.

Just wondered if this happened all year round…

Kim
x

2 Likes

No! We’ve just been a bit delayed removing them this year due to a smaaaaall technical hitch. We’re updating them this week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope they’re not like Christmas decorations-I wouldn’t like any bad luck to befall the Folksy front page :wink:

1 Like

Hi Sian, I thought I’d let you know that Christmas is still coming up on the Home Page just in case you’d forgotten x

Thanks for letting me know. Hadn’t forgotten - it shouldn’t be there! Will report as a bug.

Hi Sian,

Just saw some Christmas Brooches showing upon the unsigned in front page. Thought you’d like to know.

Jeanie

Hi Jeanie

Thanks for that - were they in the ‘Favourite Finds’ or ‘Gift Guide’ slots, do you remember? I will see if I can spot any!

Bear in mind items they were in a recently listed, recently loved, being bought now, or recently sold slot, that will still happen as sellers list Christmas items all year round.

Hi Sian,

It was the section on the right as you look at the screen. Not Find a Gift, or Our Favourite Finds, It was one section that changes.

Jeanie

P.S. I haven’t seen it since.

Ah right, on the signed out front page (the one with 3 large images)? I’ll check it out to see if I can spot it! Thank you

Ok, if it is the signed-out front page that you saw it on, the right hand box links to one of the categories on Folksy (so it could be Printmaking, Home Decorations, Accessories, etc). The box displays an image from an item chosen at random from anywhere within that category. That means that Christmas items may come up if they are still listed. Does that explain it?

Tell me if I’ve got totally the wrong end of the stick!

Sorry Sian,

I can’t remember - just remember it was three christmas brooches in a row. I shouldn’t worry about it. If it comes up again I’ll take a screen shot.

Jeanie

Great, thank you! :blush: