Commodity codes

Hi, I am still working my way through the new changes to postage, I have got both my GB and N. Ireland eori numbers but am now unsure about commodity codes.

I sell items made from acrylic and wool felt and others from wood, trying to find any numbers to correspond to these and the actual items (hair clips/ brooches) seems nearly impossible.

What has anyone else found? Any guidance would be great, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

There is an email that you can contact and ask for help - let me see if I can find it for you…

1 Like

Part way down the page in this link there is an email address that you can contact and below that is the info you need to include to allow them to figure out what your tariff code is

1 Like

Thank you so much Sasha

https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/sections might be a useful link. The codes thing seems easy if you sell paintings but as you say maybe not so easy if they are mixed media.

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Amy, I initially started looking at this a while back and gave up, using the email provided through HMRC to get some help. Sadly I received a generic return email saying they couldn’t really help but to get back in touch if I really needed more help :roll_eyes:!

Anyway, as I’d received a US order I thought I’d best pull my finger out and have landed on commodity code 63090000 which is classed as “textiles and textile articles” - “made up textile articles, worm textile articles …” - “worn clothing and worn articles”. This seemed the best match for mixed textile accessories (including brooches) and, as I see anything to do with felt states either felt supplies or hats from felt, perhaps 63090000 would be the best one to use for your felt items.

Not sure about the wood though Amy.

Elaine

1 Like

Thanks Elaine, I will look into it, perhaps I’ll just do one at a time :slightly_smiling_face:

I have had an email back for my hair clips, which are a mix of wool and acrylic felt with a metal clip.

They have said the best code is 9615190000 miscellaneous manufactured articles.

Not sure if that will help anyone else struggling to figure it out :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes