Folksy Ltd

Help with HS Code/Tariff Code

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice on selecting the right HS Code/Tariff Code for a customs label. I’m relatively new to Folksy and I would like to start selling my items outside of the UK and Europe, even though it seems a little overwhelming right now!

The items I sell are hanging decorations, made from 100% wool felt and filled with a cushioning cotton. The closest I can find to a hanging decoration on www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk is 'Decorations, Christmas Tree (Except Lights)’ Heading 9505 (even though my items aren’t intended for Christmas alone). I’m not sure if I’m on the right track or I should be going more down the line of the materials they are made from.

I’m aware that from 1st January 2019 electronic customs became mandatory for some international destinations, so I just don’t want to select the wrong code.

I’ve looked at other topics for help with this but there hasn’t been anything posted recently, or that relates to what I sell. I’d really appreciate any help that you might me able to give me!

Thanks
Natalie

I did a search for ‘decorations’ and couldn’t find anything that seemed relevant. Maybe they come under textiles?

you can email the appropriate people on classification.enquiries@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk and ask them

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to look! I did search under textiles but all I could find in relation was scrap material. I did find ‘Felt Textile’ and my items could possibly fit under under one of its headings, depending on whether that’s for people selling felt as a product or items made from it.

1 Like

Thank you for your help! I will definitely send them an email and ask.

Good luck with it - I hated having to find mine!

2 Likes