Complete change of what I sell

Well I never thought I would say this but I’m stopping selling my handmade items, after 11 years selling mainly on E*** and a few orders here I will be moving on to selling print on demand items starting on E*** and then hopefully moving onto my own website. Why? A few reasons, I’m losing my passion selling the jewellery and it’s been on the cards for the past couple of years, especially since my brother died 2 years ago, also having ME, I have days where making jewellery and doing orders is becoming a struggle as most of the time I have limited strength and energy and have brain fog, it’s just not such a passion any more. I’ve tried selling my knitting and crochet items but to be perfectly honest, my heart wants to make these for charity not selling, and yesterday I took all the knitted hats off here, packed them in a box and sent them to a fantastic charity that will give them to the homeless and women’s refuge, and I felt so good being able to do this.
Print on demand means that I have a company that makes and ships my items to my customers, I just do the designs, which I’m thoroughly enjoying. Yes I know a lot of people see this as ‘cheating’ but having a chronic illness, I’ve had to rethink what I do and I can cope with this. Getting my teeth into a new project that has so many opportunities is really exciting for me, and yes I know it’s a really big saturated market, but so is jewellery, it depends on what niches I design for.
This is such a big scary change but seeing as things are really quiet everywhere at the moment, I feel that I might as well start this change now.
I would like to thank everyone for the lovely support here when I came back. My shop here will remain open for the next 4 months and then that is it. I’ll be putting most of my items on at sale prices, just wish I could bulk edit prices!
I hope one day I will be well enough and regain my passion for making jewellery but I never know what will come around the corner next!
I think I’m ready to start my new journey x

14 Likes

The best of luck in your new venture! Of course you must do what is right for you. I totally understand the limited energy and brain fog as I have fibromyalgia and creating keeps me sane. :innocent:

2 Likes

Wishing you all the very best with your new venture x

1 Like

Wishing you success with your new venture and being brave enough to look for a new avenue to continue being creative making sure you are doing the right thing for you. Condolences on losing your brother and I really hope that you can manage your MS. Take care. Katie

1 Like

Wishing you the best of luck in your new venture, and take good care of yourself :purple_heart:

1 Like

Wishing the very best for your new venture! Sending hugs :heart:

1 Like

Best of luck to you ! my other business is printing on demand or personalised printing i sell mugs mousemats material tea towels etc etc .
i must say youve probably chosen the correct way to do it buying all the equipment is expensive and to be honest full of continuing problems .
i also sell on fleabay and honestly the market for such things is heaving but if they are your own designs then you may cut a niche , all ill say is beware of those who steal designs theres plenty out there make sure you watermark your designs .
goodluck hope it does well feel free to ask for any advice ive been in the trade since 2008 so ive found most the pitfalls

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your advice, much appreciated x

2 Likes

All the very best in your new venture, I totally understand the need to move on to something new

1 Like

Good luck with your new venture, Altaira, @AquaStudioCrafts make your new designs shine, I know you can! :star_struck:

1 Like

Good luck with your new venture Altaria :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

I hope you are successful with your new print on demand business.

I for one don’t think you are “cheating”. There is so much time and thought that goes into designing something that some people seem to overlook. Most important is that you are enjoying what you do.

Best of luck on your new journey. x

3 Likes

Wishing you every success and moving forward I hope your health will improve with time. Best wishes to you :heart:

1 Like

Good luck with your new venture x

1 Like

Thank you all so very much everyone for all your kind words, it really has touched my heart x

2 Likes

You are completely right @CadaBayJewellery the designing does take quite a bit of time, that’s one thing all those Youtubers don’t tell you, they say you can do a design in seconds, but for the most part it takes much longer, but I don’t mind, I’m really enjoying it x

Hope your new direction is a huge success. You’ve obviously thought about it carefully and I’m sure it will be a great new adventure for you. Best of luck!

1 Like

Was thinking of the same a while back -print on demand. But mum became ill, diagnosed with dementia and subsequently died 3 weeks ago.
I can’t go on et** as banned off there, eBay is heaving in the jewellery category I’m in.
Been wanting a website for years, but no idea who to choose or how to buy domain only.
Mums death been on my mind too much.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear about your mum. Don’t make any decisions yet about what you want to do, your head will be all over the place for a while. Perhaps just do a load of research about what kind of niche you want to do, what products, perhaps play with some designs and see how you feel about them before looking for where to sell them.
Take care of yourself first before anything else x

2 Likes