Considering Folksy Plus

Hi all,
I’ve been on Folksy for a few years now, it was my first venture into online sales and I’ll always be grateful to Folksy for helping me grow my online profile and the sales that followed.
Im considering upgrading to Folksy Plus, I’ve read and understood whats involved but I wanted to get a Sellers viewpoint, what do you consider to be the benefits perhaps not documented in the site’s promotional material?
Also, I want Folksy to remain a healthy British company during this difficult period, paying my monthly subscription goes a little way to help.
Thanks.

2 Likes

I don’t always have the plus account, but when I do I find I get more views by relisting regularly. However, doesn’t always give me more sales!

I have it at the moment, I renewed as we went into lockdown mainly for the reason you mention. It seemed like a positive thing to do in a difficult time. I love selling here and Folksy have always been there for me in the past ten years, so I figure the least I can do at the moment is subscribe to the plus account each month.

3 Likes

Hi Graham. I signed up for the Plus account mainly because I take part in the daily listing thread, & if you’re adding or relisting something every day then those 15p’s add up, so it worked out more cost effective. Also it does make doing my accounts much easier :rofl:

Definitely agree on the cash flow for Folksy - I expect sales (& therefore their commission) will have dropped off quite a bit, so for this amazing site I’m more than happy to keep paying for Plus, even if I wasn’t listing daily.

The extra photos are a good bonus - I don’t always use all 10, but for those items which need a lot of different angles / lighting to show all the detail then it is really helpful. I do also like the featured items at the top, so I can have seasonal items featured, or even just things that might be on page 2 or 3 so might not get noticed otherwise.

Hope that helps! Have just been looking in your shop - gorgeous work, particularly love the butterfly & dragonfly :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi Graham.
I’ve had the Folksy Plus for some time now. I find the unlimited relisting facility very beneficial. I just relist about half a dozen items a day, (any more than that looks a bit spammy!) which puts you momentarily on the front page. I’ve had sales as a result.
I like the featured items facility too.
I also like that I know my monthly fee before sales will always be £5.00, it just makes managing things a little bit easier (I like to keep it simple).

2 Likes

Thanks guys for your helpful comments, appreciated.

go for it Graham…I signed up a few years ago and my sales inreased significantly…when I consider the cost again one or two craft fairs it is excellent value for money…
and with the current lock down, you can paint more and join us on the daily listing thread ha ha x

1 Like

Hi Graham… I’ve upgraded last weekend having thought it for some time, had one sale this week - who knows if thats was a result of the FolksyPlus or not! I dont have many items in my shop which is why I havent used it before so this is a trial really, the way I see it its only a fiver, as others have said during this time when we cant do craft fairs its a good way of getting out there, and also can always go back to paying per listing… Slowly learning more and more about the selling and marketing side of things, I’m not the best at social media or marketing… Your work is beautiful!

1 Like

For anyone with a plus account - why not come and join us on the 365 daily listing club?
Basically - you list an item a day (or re-list an item, which doesn’t cost any extra with a plus account) Then everyone on the thread will love your item and maybe even promote it via pinterest, twitter, facebook etc. Then you go through everyone else’s items for the day and give them some love.
It;s a great promotional thread and can sometimes get you on the Folksy front page (even for a few minutes)

2 Likes

Cheers Helen x