Craft fairs this weekend?

@AppleQueenJewellery I’ll be doing Mill Road Winter Fair in Cambridge on the 6th Dec 10.30 - 4.30pm, we’ll have to compare notes afterwards to see which is better. (Why can’t they organise these things so that we could do both?) Good luck, Duxford is supposed to be very good.
Sasha

I’ve got my last Fair too on Saturday, its always a busy one due to it been right in the center of town and don’t have to pay to get in. I’m just a tad worried about the weather and not the fact that I’m busy because its always been a good one for me.

Thanks Sasha, I’d like to know how yours goes, I’ve not done that one before, is it all outdoors? Hope you do well. Duxford was good the first year I went but a little quieter last year - hoping it improves this year, nice atmosphere though. I can mention the clashing dates in my feedback to the organisers. Rachael.

I’m doing a miniatures fair on Sunday 7th December.

It’s not a craft fair but a Dolls House and Miniature Fair in Felixstowe Suffolk. I am taking my miniature and dolls house art.

This is the info from the organisers website.

FELIXSTOWE LEISURE CENTRE
UNDERCLIFF ROAD WEST
THE SEAFRONT, FELIXSTOWE
SUFFOLK IP11 2AE

SUNDAY 7 DECEMBER
Open 10.30am to 3pm.

Entry £1.50 ALL ADULTS.
(Half price entry from 1pm).
Accompanied children under 16 FREE!

@AppleQueenJewellery, not all of the Mill Road fair is outdoors but the indoor space is very limited so you are much more likely to get a pitch if you are prepared to be outdoors (and some of what they call indoors is in a large marquee they put up). I did it last year, my stall was a last minute addition in a new venue so wasn’t advertised anywhere but still managed to sell 30 pieces. This year my pitch is in the main grouping at the start of the road (near town/ Parker’s piece) so I’m hoping to sell even more. Weather is looking good for it… Sasha

I have a fair on the Bracknel side of Wokingham. Th emain road outside will be closed for at elast an hour for the toy run, thousands of people on motorbikes streaming past for ages, taking prezzies to Barnardos. Lets hopelots of shoppers get stuck at the fair and buy loads.

1 Like

School Christmas fairs for me on Friday and Saturday, then the annual ‘Dickens of a Christmas’ in Olney on Sunday - a lovely event and very popular

Doing my first this year at Wentworth Woodhouse, xmas fair, hoping it goes ok, baught a paypal card reader, just in case anyone prefers to spend on card :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to look that up on google @JacquelineOJewellery, as I’d never heard of it…very impressive! Hope you do well there :smile:

1 Like

I’m at the Victoria Hall in Hanley on Sunday 7th. In the foyer, great position with lots of natural light and in easy reach of a coffee. Perfect
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Functions-and-Events-at-The-Regent-Theatre-The-Victoria-Hall/263028600500867

This photo was from last year when I wasn’t there so please imagine my glass in place of all those cushions. That will be my table on Sunday.

I am doing my second ever Craft fair this weekend (first was last week lol) at Seevic College sports gym, London Road, Benfleet, Essex. Hoping to do a bit better than last week, hopefully there will be more people attending this one :smile:

1 Like

It’s a beautiful place Christine @ciesse but it’ll be bloomin cold, they are holding it outside at the stable block Brrrrrrrrrr!! infact if this week is anything to go by it will be blumming Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!! :smile:

1 Like

I’m at Chorlton Arts Festival on Saturday, held at St Clements Church in Chorlton, S. Manchester, 11-4. I’ll be one of the few crazies who opted to use our own gazebos and have an outdoor pitch.

How did iut go @JacquelineOJewellery ? I’m planning to get to my first fair in the spring. Did you get much interest? Was the PayPal reader a good move? Thanks.

I am doing a Christmas fair tomorrow :smile:

Hi Sunboedesigns,a few sales and had interest with possible commissions so wasn’t a total waste of time, was outdoors and it peed it down all afternoon and freezing cold lol, so wont be booking any more outdoor events in winter that’s for sure.
The paypal reader yes a god send well worth the money and so easy to use, I’ve used it more times at home than at the fair, but so pleased that i got it.
Hope your fair goes well :smile:

1 Like

Off to Lincoln tomorrow

Did my first craft fair at Southend’s C12th Prittlewell Priory recently. Good reaction. Helpful stallholders. I’ll post new, hopefully worthwhile, fairs as i hear of them.

Im not selling at any more Xmas fairs but thought vintage fairs the rest of the year would be a good idea.
Good luck to all still with fairs to attend. It feels odd not making anything or writing lists of things to do.

Anyone in the Essex / Herts / North London area?
Art In Wax Miniatures is going to be at the Theydon Bois Dolls House and Miniatures Fair this Saturday … 24.1.2015

Info from the organisers Dollys Daydreams :
THEYDON BOIS VILLAGE HALL
THE GREEN, COPPICE ROW
THEYDON BOIS
ESSEX CM16 7ER
(M25/JUNCTION 26)
SATURDAY 24 JANUARY
Open 10.30am to 4pm

Entry fees apply.