Folksy Ltd

Customer reviews on Facebook

(Helen Dale) #1

I’ve just been mooching on Facebook and came across the amazing page of davidaylinggoldsmith (who sells on here and his work is amazing - definitely worth popping over to his FB page if you get a mo’). He has a section at the top where there are customer reviews. Seems like a great idea - but I don’t know how he did it. Anyone else got this feature on there FB page and feels patient enough to explain to me how to do it?
Thanks!

(Liz Dyson) #2

I’ve got it, but I don’t know how, sorry. I think it’s in your preferences. I’ve only had one review (thanks, Di) so it doesn’t show at the top of the page yet - must have to get a certain number first.

I’m sure someone will know how yo help you.

Liz
x

(Silverspiral) #3

Hi Helen, i got it on mine last week as it could help future buyers feel more confidant about buying.
There is a page in help on face book, if i can remember rightly,
you need to go into your business page set up, chose local business, you also need to include an address.
There will then be a small tick box with allow reviews or something similar, and just tick that.
Think that’s it.
Good luck :slight_smile:

(Pauline Hayward) #4

I tried to put a review section on my FB page last week, the bit with the little stars. I presume thats what you mean? I’m not sure if it actually works and I can’t remember how I did it. I’ll have a play around and if I find out I’ll let you know.

Pauline

(Liz Clark) #5

I did have this enabled, then I had some people vote with 1star. They didn’t leave a review, I don’t even know who left them and have never had anyone approach me to say they were unhappy. I was mortified. I posted up that if anyone was ever unhappy with anything they received I would have been more than happy to have addressed it, given a full refund if the product was faulty etc. I asked about ratings on another crafting forum and they said it may have been competitors purposely doing it to bring the ratings down. :frowning: I had until that point only ever sold face to face at local craft fairs so I knew at least people were happy at the point of purchase. I did have some lovely reviews where people left feedback, so it wasn’t all negative.

Until FB change it so I can see who left a review I decided to disable it. I’d say just be careful when using this facility on FB.

(Helen Dale) #6

Fab thanks everyone. I’ll give it a go and see what happens. But thanks for the health warning Liz - good to know you can hide it again if needs be. Here’s hoping some of my happy customers will pop over there.

(Pauline Hayward) #7

Just had hubby check my FB to see if I have a review button and miracle its there, so all I need to do now is wait for the reviews to come in and hope they are all good ones.

Pauline

(Lizzie Gillum, Bedfordshire, Uk ) #8

If you don’t want to enable the “star” ratings, you could try what I do; I use “Notes” to copy the text from reviews left by buyers from my online shops. The note is posted on my page when I save it, so “likers” see it at that point and I can post them manually also.
Of course, they’re changing everyone’s pages, so the notes may not be visible after that…