Customer reviews on Facebook

I’ve just been mooching on Facebook and came across the amazing page of davidaylinggoldsmith (who sells on here and his work is amazing - definitely worth popping over to his FB page if you get a mo’). He has a section at the top where there are customer reviews. Seems like a great idea - but I don’t know how he did it. Anyone else got this feature on there FB page and feels patient enough to explain to me how to do it?
Thanks!

I’ve got it, but I don’t know how, sorry. I think it’s in your preferences. I’ve only had one review (thanks, Di) so it doesn’t show at the top of the page yet - must have to get a certain number first.

I’m sure someone will know how yo help you.

Liz
x

1 Like

Hi Helen, i got it on mine last week as it could help future buyers feel more confidant about buying.
There is a page in help on face book, if i can remember rightly,
you need to go into your business page set up, chose local business, you also need to include an address.
There will then be a small tick box with allow reviews or something similar, and just tick that.
Think that’s it.
Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried to put a review section on my FB page last week, the bit with the little stars. I presume thats what you mean? I’m not sure if it actually works and I can’t remember how I did it. I’ll have a play around and if I find out I’ll let you know.

Pauline

1 Like

I did have this enabled, then I had some people vote with 1star. They didn’t leave a review, I don’t even know who left them and have never had anyone approach me to say they were unhappy. I was mortified. I posted up that if anyone was ever unhappy with anything they received I would have been more than happy to have addressed it, given a full refund if the product was faulty etc. I asked about ratings on another crafting forum and they said it may have been competitors purposely doing it to bring the ratings down. :frowning: I had until that point only ever sold face to face at local craft fairs so I knew at least people were happy at the point of purchase. I did have some lovely reviews where people left feedback, so it wasn’t all negative.

Until FB change it so I can see who left a review I decided to disable it. I’d say just be careful when using this facility on FB.

3 Likes

Fab thanks everyone. I’ll give it a go and see what happens. But thanks for the health warning Liz - good to know you can hide it again if needs be. Here’s hoping some of my happy customers will pop over there.

1 Like

Just had hubby check my FB to see if I have a review button and miracle its there, so all I need to do now is wait for the reviews to come in and hope they are all good ones.

Pauline

1 Like

If you don’t want to enable the “star” ratings, you could try what I do; I use “Notes” to copy the text from reviews left by buyers from my online shops. The note is posted on my page when I save it, so “likers” see it at that point and I can post them manually also.
Of course, they’re changing everyone’s pages, so the notes may not be visible after that…

1 Like