Folksy Ltd

Desparate measures

(Dawn Marshall) #1

I am going to put my shop in holiday mode until i decide what to do…this last couple of weeks i have been prompting like crazy but still no sales,please message me if you want anything…dawn

1 Like
(Minerva) #2

I think you should leave it open till the end of the year…things are getting busier now, customers will prefer to order early online to make sure they get their stuff on time…you don’t want to miss any opportunities. I would leave it open, keep an eye on it but take lots of long breaks doing other things.

(Sara Leigh Thornton) #3

If you’ve paid to list stuff you might as well leave the shop open.

(Christine Shephard) #4

What’s the point of putting it in holiday mode? You can guarantee no-one will buy anything if it’s not open for business. At least if it’s open there’s a chance someone will. If you’re fed up promoting then take a break from it for a while and see what happens. Expecting people to contact you if they want to buy something is a bit optimistic - I wouldn’t bother, I’d just go elsewhere. As said above, it is getting busier and people are now starting to buy.

1 Like
(Dawn Marshall) #5

Thankyou for taking the time to comment on my miserable post. i can see what you are saying and you are right i have paid to post until next year and it makes sense…dawn

5 Likes
(Diane Mc Kechnie) #6

Dawn do you sell abroad? Maybe worth a try. I sell many cards to America and Australia

(Brenda Cumming) #7

Dawn, that is such a shame because your cards are my favourites. I am just sorry that I cannot buy any but as a pensioner, I have given up on sending cards. Not because of the cards but because I refuse to pay the p&p to post them. I have had to resort to sending ecards for birthdays now. I wonder if that is why people are not buying cards any more…I blame the post office…
We used to send out over 100 Christmas cards, but that would be £62 to post them…out of the question as that is just £7 short of my weekly pension !!
A canvas painting that I used to post to the US for £2. now costs me £3.55…
IF I have to send a card (which is very rare) I refuse to have to pay for a LARGE stamp to post anything larger than a small one… The post office complain about falling profits but they have shot themselves in the foot.

1 Like
(Susan Bonnar) #8

Hi Dawn - keep your chin up! Come and interact on British Crafters FB page https://www.facebook.com/BritishCrafters we have had an enormous amount of sales this last week! Worth a go! Tomorrow is “What’s New” You add your make to the post pinned to the page top. When I see you I will share you x

(Dawn Marshall) #9

No i dont,how do you work out postage for that? Do you find overseas buyers are on here?

(Dawn Marshall) #10

Thankyou I will pop over later

(Dawn Marshall) #11

I understand…thankyou

(Brenda Cumming) #12

Dottie…I shared a link from Folksy to your fb page but it just gave the link and the picture didn’t show…

(Sonia Adam) #13

Hi Dawn, look up the Royal Mail prices online & they have all the prices for different methods of delivery for all over the world. You just need to know the size & weight of your cards.

1 Like
(Shirley Woosey) #14

Just bought two of your cards Dawn. They are lovely.

Two of my neighbours are expecting baby boys any time now, so they will do just nicely.

Shirley x

1 Like
(Denise Milward) #15

Dawn, the way I feel at the moment I would join in with you. The only reason I’m still staying open is I’ve paid to put things up. Folksy fees outweigh sales by a huge margin:I’ve had 2 sales in a month and I’m fed up of promoting. Twitter and Facebook are easy enough but Craftjuice and others, where from Android you have to manually put addresses in are just to time consuming.

(Natalie Franca) #16

Hi Dawn, I’ve sold loads overseas with no problems at all. It’s definitely worth setting up overseas postage in your shop. You’ll have a much much bigger customer base then.

Natalie x

(Jo Sara) #17

Have you thought about branching out to handmade gift tags? People may have given up with cards, but they’ll probably still use tags on their pressies. And if you did a card and tag in the same design it might encourage someone to buy both so it’s matching. People do like to co-ordinate :smile:

Jo

3 Likes
(Sara Leigh Thornton) #18

Good thinking. I’ve just sold two packets of gift tags to Norway! The small sales soon add up :slight_smile:

(Brenda Cumming) #19

unless they are aceos…sales are dire…lol…on here anyway !!

(Diane Mc Kechnie) #20

Yes go to royal mail , put in your weight and letter size. Remember to add a bit on for your package. You can view my charges but I think my cards will be heavier than yours . If you state that you will refund any over payment that should help.
yes I think the americans will love your fairies