Was that it ? Christmas 2016

Well last week was pretty busy and overall Dec has been ok but this week has been VERY quiet - previous years I have been busy up to last posting dates but this week has rather taken me by surprise! have you guys seen a similar drop off this week ?

Here’s hoping for a last minute surge eh !

Yes, Dawn, it’s exactly the same with me. I had a mad flurry of sales when something of mine was featured in a Folksy email, then a few further sales, now nothing…
I’ve been working to replace my missing items, now I’m wondering whether to bother, it’s gone so quiet. And I’m so bored with trying to promote.
I think that I may relax and start my Christmas break now!

2 Likes

There is no telling.

Wednesday one suncatcher.

Yesterday 9 suncatchers.

Today one suncatcher again…but… the day is young.
Correction … make that 2.
(Something pinged as I was typing. My inbox ! :))

2 Likes

The last 8 weeks has been madness, particularly the last 2 of them! I haven’t had a day without orders since sometime in October and last weekend I had more than 20 in one day! I was having a little mental celebration today when I finally cleared out my order list … which lasted for approximately 6 minutes before a new one came through. Oh well! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

My sales here seemed to stop when there was the mention of the postal strike, luckily not everywhere though.

3 Likes

Christmas never really happened for me online however the markets have been excellent and I’ve still got people who picked up my card at them dropping me emails going ‘is X still available’. Its tempting to say to them ‘well my online shop address is on the card why don’t you go and have a look’ but I don’t and at the moment cycling round to deliver things is quicker than queueing at the post office.

2 Likes

Wow that’s great! Do you have any tips? Am still quite new to selling on here. Your things look really nice!

1 Like

yes I think the strike by PO counter staff has had a bit of impact - even though I can’t remember the last time I went into a PO Branch ! all my stuff gets posted via a local Spar. Open until 7pm and on Sundays - excellent and just 5 mins walk away too.

1 Like

No Christmas rush for me this year either - a few sales dribbling in but nothing much to shout about. Sales in B&M shops and at craft fairs seem to have been OK though.

1 Like

You have a very successful shop, not surprised though your items are lovely. With all those sales you must be on the best sellers list constantly. Congratulations!!!

I sell on multiple online platforms so that is an aggregated number. If it was that busy on Folksy alone you’d find me buried alive under a pile of cast off threads and wonky cinnamon sticks!

This Christmas shopping period has been quieter on Folksy this year than it has in years past, which is a shame because I do like having a shop here.

I only sell on Folksy, although I do have a very run down Etsy shop… I thought we were talking about Folksy. Luckily, I’m at a stage in my life when I’m really not that bothered :slight_smile:

1 Like

November was quite good for me but December not so much…but that may be down to me. I have had some upsetting stuff going on at home in the last 4 weeks so haven’t done much promoting or making…

1 Like

I’ve had my best Christmas season to date, sadly not on here (my worst Christmas season to date), looking forward to giving my fingers a bit of a rest in the next few days. Well done to everyone on all your hard work and sales :slight_smile:

Elaine

1 Like

Everything has gone quiet but there again I never got busy on here. Facebook is where I’ve been the busiest, but calmed down now. I have one last push on Sunday at my last craft fair of 2016.

1 Like

hope the fair goes well Pauline.

3 Likes

Other channels are still dong well. Folksy is quiet for me now. Although I have not been adding anything new so that could explain lack of traffic and sales.

1 Like

My sales have picked up on Folksy this last two weeks although not as good a December as last year. On E… I had a better November than December. I still count Folksy as my main selling source, I love it here, it’s like a little family, everyone is friendly and admin are always ready to help. E… on the other hand …

6 Likes

December has been pretty good for me , I chose to promote with britishcrafters and I think it made a difference, also a ring I made was featured in an folksy email (a first fror me !!) and it sold really quickly :slight_smile: but I think I’m ready to slow down now, and start concentrating on Christmas…it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

6 Likes

…I do like these Christmas scenes :slight_smile:

2 Likes