Does anyone have an iZettle card reader?

The % charge is deducted from the amount before it is transfered to your bank account (or at least that is how iZettle does it). I think iZettle have it written into the small print that you are not allowed to charge people extra for the pleasure of paying by card but I have found that it encourages people to buy more so I wouldn’t want to charge them extra anyway (and the % is still less than paypal charges for the transactions on here).
Can’t help you with iOS 9 I’m afraid - best off checking on the website of your prefered operator. iZettle has a fairly comprehensive list of what it does and doesn’t work with. If you can’t find the info then they will have a support contact you can ask the question to.
Sasha

Does anyone have the version that has the lead at all please? I think it’s the free one? Wondered if that was any good, or if I’m better with the bluetooth one?

1 Like

I also would like to know. Happy to invest later if its worth me having one. Got some markets coming up in Nov.

Used my iZettle at festival today and £80 of my takings I may not have taken without it. When I opened the app it came up with a warning not to update to iOS 9 so I guess there is still a problem there but they say they are working on it @mylittlesewingshed.

I have the pro version but friends have the free one and have been fine with it. To be honest the only complaint I have about mine is that sometimes the bluetooth is a little slow to connect (which might well be my phone) and having the plug in version would get around that. If you’re not sure just go with the free one and see how you go!

1 Like

Thanks @HelenSmith

The plug in one doesn’t have a screen on it, but otherwise it’s the same, just has a lead attached to your phone. I’ve heard that sometimes it works better than the pro reader, especially if the internet connection isn’t great, but haven’t noticed much difference myself. I use it as a back up in case the battery runs down on the pro reader.
I’ve just been told that the next app upgrade won’t be compatible with my android phone, so I won’t be able to use it after the end of November. That’s a bit of a pain!

My hairdresser had the lite version but had a lot of issues with it not talking to his iPad after it had been in stand by/ sleep mode so switched to the pro version and has had no problems at all (and he uses it in the salon so uses it a lot).
Sasha

I have a swipe style sum up card reader and it’s totally useless to me now I’ve changed my phone…I don’t use it very often and it didn’t occur to me that it might not work with my Microsoft Lumia phone. Grrrr… Neither does iZettle…what a crock.

If you’ve still got your old phone could you get a pay as you go sim for it and keep it solely for the purpose of using it with your card reader?
Sasha

Good lord Sasha, you’re a genius.

What a numpty I am. I’ve got an old handset, just need a sim.

Thank you x

I have my moments of brilliance but they are few and far between you happen to have caught me on a good day… If you use it that infrequently check that the credit on the sim doesn’t expire after a few months as can happen with some plans.
Sasha

1 Like

Hi- I’ve been reading bits about this card reader now.
Just to clarify…

The card reader is free is I sign up as a business?
And you pay commission on payments made, but you can get vouchers towards your fees if you invite people and they join through your link etc?

Does anyone want to send me a link to sign up so they can have some vouchers? :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh, the free one doesn’t work with my phone, my dads phone or either of our iPods!

Thanks Helen!

Does anyone know if you can receive refunds on the izettle at all please?

You can give refunds if thats what you mean. At least there is an option to refund a payment although I have never used it so not sure how it works. I presume it refunds to the same card.

1 Like

Hello- I need some help if possible.
I’ve signed up for the iZettle and put in my bank account number and sort code.
My dad signed up the same day- he did the same but received an email about making a deposit to them in order to verify the bank account. I didn’t get this email- and when I look on the website, my account is verified. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi,
No can’t say I have…I signed up last week, gave my bank details, transfered £1 into iZettles account which they then
verified my account, in the meantime my reader was delivered in 2 days and they then refunded my £1 back to my account.

Did you transfer the £1 to iZettle ?

I didn’t transfer anything, i just signed up and ordered my free reader. I’ve emailed them in case but i might just re add my bank account if i don’t hear anything tomorrow.

I don’t see how they can verify your account without you making the transfer…strange, i’d wait for a reply from customer services or call them directly, but I most definitely wouldn’t give details over the phone.