Eco-friendly, sustainable Christmas Gifts - suggestions please!

Wool scarf in bright red…

1 Like

Pretty much everything in my shop is made from recycled silver and comes in eco card packaging.

2 Likes

Hello!

All my packaging is recycled, recyclable and plastic-free. My wooden creatures (see link below) are hand made from scrap or unwanted wood. It may have been a desk or a wardrobe or blown down in a storm. I only use natural beeswax to protect the wood and handtools to make them.

Handmade Wooden Cat with Copper Eyes, Wooden Ca… - Folksy

My miniatures are painted on offcuts of plywood and are prepared with milk paint - a sustainable, natural and planet-friendly paint. I use watercolour paints and seal the painting with casein spray - another natural, milk-based product. The paintings come with a loop made from recycled t-shirt yarn.

Pink Flower Miniature Painting - Folksy

I hope you like them!

Jen
Jen and the Beartree

Would you be able to write in your listings somewhere that you’re pieces are made with recycled silver Angela? Just to make it clear to customers?

What else would you do with an old bowling ball other than recycle it into jewellery.

2 Likes

Camilla,I think they mostly do say that somewhere but I’ll go through and check.

Fabric gift bags, can be re-used time after time, saves paper waste.

Christmas gnomes made entirely from scraps either saved or collected - nothing goes to waste!

1 Like

Some items are not only eco-friendly in their materials, but re-usable year after year!
Harris tweed covered A6 diary notebook wine red… - Folksy

I have some sets of reusable face wipes, which are packaged in paper bags rather than cellophanes.

I can’t claim that all of my cards etc are cellophane free, as where things have been already packaged I have used up my cellophane stock, but newer items are now packaged in paper bags, and I recycle packaging wherever I can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Organic Linen Table Runner for Christmas

It is printed with natural pigment inks.

Candle Holders by Th3 W3ird Crafters on Folksy

Just listed today crochet Bobble trees made from reclaimed yarn and filled with inherited fibre fill plus yarn/old clothing scraps. There are 3 listings, this is one:

Unique Wooden Welsh Dragon Jigsaw Puzzle - Folksy

I use old lace and broken jewellery to create one of a kind pieces from necklaces to bracelets. I also use se glass and ceramics found on local beaches. A lot of the beads I use are recycled from old jewellery or are vintage.

Re-usable bag for those special gifts.

1 Like

All wool with a hemp hanger.

HARE HANGING ORNAMENT - Christmas tree bauble … - Folksy

3 Likes
1 Like

1 Like