Facebook considering shop

I am considering setting up a facebool sjhp and linking it to folksy. Does anyone have a facebook shop that I can take a look at

1 Like

I’m not sure you can do that - I thought the facebook shop was a standalone store and that you couldn’t link it to elsewhere online (like folksy). I may be completely wrong of course - I just have a button on my fb page that leads people straight to my folksy shop.

I have a shop on my facebook page and it links straight to folksy. Can’t for the life of me remember how I did it though. I may have googled or found something on a forum. If this is the kind of thing you’re after I can have a hunt and see if I can bring up the instructions from somewhere.

2 Likes

You can also create a shop on FB with Big Cartel. I haven’t tried it, but I was reading about a few days ago. It might worth looking into it.

Did you mean an actual FB shop or an FB page you manage? I have a page on Facebook which is linked to my Folksy shop with the button on the Folksy site. I didn’t know you could actually have a shop on Facebook so maybe this is something else to investigate. If you just want a page, you can look at mine which is

Love Sam :fish:

I couldn’t link it that way. I ended up using the URL to link, was driving me potty last night!!

1 Like

This is my link on facebook.

How do I do that. Lol?

I created mine on Woobox, but can’t remember how I did it. I think there was another thread about this. I’ll have a look and post the link if I can find it.

I use them too, but for te life of me I couldn’t sort it how i wanted too. But at least i have an url! LOL

1 Like

Hello thanks for your reply. I really like the way you have displayed your Folksy goods for sale on weebly. I have a weebly website too. Just wanted to know did you pay anything for having a shopping cart.

Would appeciate your help, will also recommend your shop to my friends.

Kind regards Jackie

I have a Weebly site too and I didn’t pay for a shopping cart. www.allseasonscrafts.com and I have a link there to my folksy shop.

Aww thats really kind, thanks @jackiepc
Yes i am on the started plan, i have a 6 months one. But to be honest if i could just sale thru fb i would be more than happy. You could use the link to get back to your folksy store instead of a cart if you want to give it a go, with really no outlay, thats just on the free plan.

I couldn’t remember about the cart on the free one, but i know you can link back.

hello i like the way you have designed the products page and thne linked it to pay pal. Did you have topay for the shopping cart

can i ask how did you produce your products page on weebly and did you have to pay for the shopping cart

I’m just going to log on my laptop and I shall try and answer your question shortly. it doesn’t show me the full settings on my iPad. Back with you shortly hopefully with the answer.

If you go to settings at the very top of the page and click on that a page will open saying general. You should be able to see your website name in blue etc. Down the left hand side is a list, SEO, Editor, Members and Store. Click on store which will take you store settings. Down the left hand side of that is another list General, Checkout, Display, Shipping, Click on Checkout and you’ll be able to add Paypal there by clicking enable and changing the currency to £’s. I’m sure there is no charge for having the paypal set up.
As for my product page I just created the page in Pages button at the top of the page. Again I don’t think there is a charge for shopping cart. I started off with a basic page at first then updated it for a starter for 6 months and its due to run out shortly.

Pauline, I just took a look at your Weebly site and it is gorgeous. Do you pick a theme or is it of your design? Either way it is a lovely, classy venue. So much better than others i’ve looked at. You’re giving me ideas…

Thanks, Leslie

1 Like

Thank you @ManiacalMosaics for the lovely comments. I’m glad you like it. It’s actually one of their designs.

1 Like