Facebook showing Orders and Payments

I’ve been having a look at stats for my FB business page to get my audience stats. So then I thought I’d check my FB personal page. Low and behold under the heading Orders and Payments it has my PayPal address. WT heck. This is open for hackers to get access to. As these Hackers are so determined to get access to any acount it’s unbelievable that FB would show this information. Maybe best to everyone to check the data that FB has on ‘show’.

1 Like

I’m puzzled. Where do you find that heading on your personal FB page. I can’t see anything like that at all…
Obviously FB have my Paypal email against my business page as they pull the money in for my Meta ads but I don’t have any commercial type headings on my personal page… that i can see anyway.
Can you show how you navigate there ? :slight_smile:

Edit to say : I just got to me as a personal account within my business account and yes I found my Paypal email but only as shown and this info is not publicly available and it only shows part of my email address … So puzzling still over what you mean

Hi. It’s under Meta only, but I’ve never used FB as a selling platform. I only show my Keepsake items on there - only way I could get around having 2 FB pages. I show the link to my Folksy shop. I don’t like FB. I rarely post for either business or personal. I do Instagram mainly along with Folksy promotions and a couple of small business pages. All again links direct back to Folksy.

Having been scammed so often I am over protective. My bank details have been hacked 3 times this year alone. So I guess for me if my ‘hidden’ Bank Account can be hacked, I’m not up for FB being that secure. But it really is my choice. I just wanted to highlight incase there are others who don’t use Meta Ads.

Have you ever sold directly from your page which would have meant you had to provide your email address. I can’t see how Facebook would have acquired your address if you didn’t supply it ?

Back in 1991. But that account was closed down in 2015 - which look 2 years!!!. However still come across it but can’t access it “Account is closed but you can reactivate it” But can’t as the Gmail address I had linked to it no longer exists! I’ve never sold anything direct on FB since 2015. It’s just me and FB. It’s more ‘hate than love’.

How odd. As I said I really have no section anywhere on FB either on my personal page or my Business page which shows “orders” or “payments”.
Is it showing just to you or can viewers of your page see it ?
Even so I wouldn’t be too worried about just an email address as Paypal does require pretty secure password info to actually do anything.

OOOH I just got to Payments via Settings & Privavy then Settings and found Payments…and I found my ****d out paypal email above but also my credit card…
.Now as it happens that credit card was stopped just last Thursday because someone attempted a test 1p payment on it which the bank immediately and automatically declined and flagged.
So the interesting thing will be… what will Meta do when they want to call in my advertising ‘debt’ at the end of the month…? :rofl: We will wait and see because I have no intention of providing them with new card details at this moment :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep! I’m blaming the FB Gremlins. Although, Google seemingly believes my shop is PERMANENTLY CLOSED. I am now going to pour myself a large glass of wine. Happy cyber space Tuesday.

aaaaa
This may help :slight_smile:

1 Like

:woozy_face::wine_glass::scotland:🍷 hubby’s birthday so plenty of excuses to have a couple of glasses (3).

1 Like