Facebook Suggesting Other Jewellery Pages On The Mermaid's Purse FB Page

“Like this page? Perhaps you would like these similar pages?” Anyone else sick of this new “innovation?” Especially bearing in mind two of the pages are mass producers based in India…

Sam x

1 Like

Yes I get fed up with it too.
Also ‘people you may know’ stuff that appears nearly every day…most of whom I have no idea who they are!

2 Likes

Scarily, one of those people I may know, is a friend’s son, and he is definitely too young to be on FB!

Sam x

Wouldn’t be so bad if the ‘similar pages’ were actually similar to what I was looking at but frequently the only similarity is that both pages are selling something.

1 Like

Our children both grumbled because we insisted they wait until they were 13 before having a Facebook page and also that they had me, their Dad or one of their Aunties as a friend (not to be nosey/spoilsport but to see that no-one posted anything abusive to them)

1 Like

:laughing: Great isn’t it! They also just tried to recategorize my shop to “wholesaler-jewellery and watches.” Whaaaat!!!

Sam x

1 Like

Lol, FB suggested that I might like to become friends with my ex-husband! At least my kids found it hilarious.

3 Likes

:laughing: That’s a bit awkward. Having said that, my Mum is FB friends with my aunt, but she hasn’t friended my Dad! She must have had the same experience though.

Sam x

Oddly enough I am a FB friend with my ex-husband (not very friendly face to face). I post lots of grandchildren photos and it lets him see them.

2 Likes