Feed back on my bags

Hi there , I wondered if you lovely people would like to give me feed back on my tote bags that I have made.
Do you think they are to dear , to cheap , wondering why they aren’t selling.
Thank you all.

Hi Pauline,
Just a few suggestions. I would try and photograph them consistently against a plain background. Have you got a coat hook on a plain wall you could use to hang them up?

In your description, put a bit more detail. Imagine you are describing your bags to someone who can’t see the photos.
Also, sizes are essential. How big are they? How long are the handles?
Can you wash them or wipe with a damp cloth?

Try to use as many of the tags as you can. Think what you would type into the search if you were looking for a bag - shopping bag, tote bag, shopper, book bag, tote, denim tote, leather tote, pink bag, black tote bag etc… You have 15 tags, so try and use as many as you can.

Fill in the ‘about me’ section in your dashboard, so customers know a bit more about you, why you make bags, what makes you tick etc…
Also add links to any social media platforms - it all helps you to be found.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
Alison x

1 Like

Hi Pauline…I was just about to reply with very similar suggestions to Alison. Photography is something a lot of us find difficult to get right, me included…I know what I wish to achieve but it takes a while and I’m still not there on all mine! Some of your photos are a little on the dark side perhaps and in a few images the totes are a little small in the thumbnail picture or slightly out of shot.

Your prices seem fine to me but I wouldn’t purchase something practical like this without knowing dimensions and material properties so I would definitely add these details; for some people even the length of handle can be an important factor depending on height.

Keep playing with images when you can and tweaking…it all takes time but should help in the long run…and you have some lovely paintings too! Good Luck.
Nicolette x

Hi Nicolette , thank you for your thoughts and ideas.
Will start on these ideas.

Thank you Alison .
I will re look and see what changes I can make .

1 Like

I love your painting of spring flowers.

Thank you Sarah .