Flaming MyHermes!

For the record I worked in IT Support for many, many years. Customer facing and I had an excellent relationship with every single one of the people I assisted, and fell over backwards to assist, on the end of the phone or face to face or by email.

I’m sorry but I didn’t add my two penneth to this discussion to be attacked in this way for my obviously supposed hatred of all Customer Services representatives. I will therefore be deleting my original comment.

2 Likes

Thank you Eileen for not treating my comment in the way that others have. I’m deleting it as I don’t like contention.
JOy xx

1 Like

My relationship with my courier is superb. She has even been offered the use of our outside super loo if she is ever caught short.

1 Like

You feel attacked because I don’t agree with you that it’s okay to call someone a pea brained idiot over the phone?

No hard feelings, but we will definitely have to agree to disagree on that one! :wink:

@JOYSofGLASS, i wouldn’t call disagreeing with you an attack. Being North American and conditioned to believe “the customer is always right”, I have certainly struggled over the past 15 years with the lower importance that is placed on customer service in this country.

However, I have also learned how and to whom to complain when not pleased with the service or product I have received. Yes, often those that answer the phone are responding with scripted replies and cannot assist when there are specific or unique circumstances but its not generally their fault and instead of giving them an earful, it is best to speak or complain to those who can effect change. Start at the top and work down is my solution. Entering into a contretemp with a clerk isn’t going to do anyone much good. Blame the company’s culture, not the person.

No hard feelings, just different ones.

Leslie

@Beledien @ManiacalMosaics I stand corrected. :smile:
One final word in my defence - well two as I didn’t call her an idiot - I was so upset by her honestly awful and very rude attitude and the idiotic conversation from her end of the phone (and yes idiotic is the correct word here), well before I gave in, stopped being polite and countered with my ‘insult’, that when I followed this call with one to La Redoute I was in tears and the lady there went out of her way to help, bent right over backwards :smile:
And now I will terminate my involvement in this topic as it still makes me cross to think about that call. That bad ! :frowning:

and that is why I would Never send anything via My Hermes in case any customer of mine got Customer Services like that !

Well, in My Hermes defence I have always found their customer services fantastic!

1 Like

Its a pity that you’ve deleted the comment. I would have liked to have read your comments.

I’ve contacted them again this evening as the tracking information is not updating. All it is showing is:

29/10/2014 9:10am Parcel dropped off at Parcel Locker
29/10/2014 22:39 Previously collected.

I’ve no idea what “previously collected” means but surely its moved to somewhere else in the past 2 days?

Julia It wasn’t worth reading. A tongue in cheek response of mine to a Customer Services girl who was being pretty dreadful and eventually I just lost it with her…
If had realised everyone would think I was awful wouldn’t have mentioned it.

The customer always used to be right here too up until a few years ago Leslie.
Twice in the past week I’ve been overcharged in stores and when I’ve queried it it’s been put right but with sighs and rolled eyes and no sign of any, ‘sorry our till was wrong’ or whatever. I guess most people just pay up and don’t complain or query anything, I always try and total things up in my head before I go to pay.

Well, my love affair with My Hermes may be waning…

I love My Hermes and have sent hundreds of parcels with them over the years, with no issues at all.
However, I now have a parcel which appears to be damaged - although no-one can find it and my tracking just shows the generic ‘‘received at local depot’’

When tracking didn’t update as normal I contacted them this morning, only to be told that tracking would indicate that it arrived damaged…and nothing since.

Contacted live help, asked if they had located my parcel yet, and was told '‘Investigations will be in touch with the appropriate answer.’'
She had information but wasn’t allowed to give it to me…and investigations may take up to 48 hours to email me!

Distincty unimpressed with the Live help that isn’t allowed to give answers, but still waved a parcel off with my wonderful courier this morning, albeit with fingers crossed!

Good luck this time :thumbsup:

I think you may have spoken to the same “I can’t talk to you even though I am talking to you” Live help person I spoke to !

(PS that symbol is a rather odd thumbs up in case you can’t tell :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Well, I sold some personal items on Ebay and sent them all out by Hermes on Monday, using my 20% discount (book all of them and pay in one payment to make the most of the discount) and booking straight to Parcel Shop. I dropped them off about 9am on Monday 10th, they were collected same day and were all with my customers on 12th - that’s super quick and looking at the tracking it basically cuts out the local courier and is obviously picked up by the lorry that collects from the local courier (I see him every day!). Faith restored so far. Parcel Shop at my local Morrisons it is for me from now on.

1 Like

Ironically, the parcel that is AWOL and damaged - Monday, I chose to save 20p and drop off at the parcelshop instead of courier pickup.
It poured with rain, I got soaked and as I got there too late for pickup that day, I didn’t even gain the day less in delivery!

I had another parcel being picked up at the house yesterday- which has now joined the awol parcel at the local depot…

My Hermes :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
On Monday I was packing parcels for the post and Horror, I realised I was at the end of my roll of small bubblewrap. Use this in the bottom of all my packaging boxes and more when I post out.
While Bob went to the Post Office for me, I ordered more bubbles on Ebay - same trader as last time - as normally they come next day.

Oh dear. He’s changed to My Hermes. Parcel was awaiting collection at 9am yesterday and is still waiting, as am I.
In desperation I ordered another roll from someone else this morning (as I struggled yesterday and today to wrap using Big bubbles instead of small) - I’m expecting this 2nd roll tomorrow as this time I chose next day delivery and not by My Hermes.

I’m sticking with Royal Mail !

PS : Update - bubble ordered yesterday arrived - not My Hermes.
My Hermes bubble - see you when I see you.

2 Likes

@JOYSofGLASS You’ll like My Hermes even less now - they’ve had a fire at their national hub and all parcels are subject to delays!

My bubbles are going to be popping all over the place. Thank goodness I took alternative action. Packing parcels is great when I have the right materials, a pain when I haven’t.

I dont think it’s just MyHermes at the mo. I’m waiting on quite an important tile order with Yodel. Usually they’re pretty good and pick up in the afternoon from the suppliers and move it to their depot, next day it moves to their hub and on the overnighter up to my local depot, then it’s out for delivery to me. My suppliers were a day later getting the order together than usual. Then I got the first notification that my order had been dispatched, picked up and was at the suppliers’ local depot. Since then, nothing. An ordinary delivery would have been with me Weds. If it moves to the hub today and on the overnighter tonight, not too much of a problem as I’ll probably get it tomorrow. But if it doesn’t move today, that’s going to be next week and I’m in the middle of a massive make of orders from last weekend onwards, and running critically low on some stuff now. This is where having that one mental weekend of sales, rather than a general xmas run in spread, clogs things up. I bet it’ll be all that extra online high street stuff that’s probably put the couriers into meltdown.

I read that one parcel depot was handling a massive amount of returns - estimated that 1/3 of stuff bought on Black Friday was being returned !