Flaming MyHermes!

Yep, I can believe that Joy. I buy a lot of clothes online so I’ve worked out what size from each individual shop fits me. I can be one size in one, then up a size in another, then down a size in the next. I can’t be that hard to standardise sizes, they’re based on measurements for gawd’s sake.

Update on my order, it’s moved in and out of the hub so it looks like it’s on the overnighter to here. Which is good. I really am on the bare bones of some things that I’m going to need to complete orders going out mid-next week. And Yodel now have a bright red banner saying it looks like everyone’s taken advantage of the weekend offers and they are snowed under so experiencing delays.

As of yesterday I had 13 parcels in transit with My Hermes.
Normally I love them, but today I’m twitchy.

One hasn’t updated since the courier picked up two days ago, although parcels sent the same time and the next day have all moved.

Another is- I think - being held up at the national depot after the fire.
Definitely worried about the first one - why is it that their tracking is so erratic???

I was most surprised when I checked my emails to see my parcel had been posted through the letter box. Amazing as my letter box is nowhere near big enough for a big roll of bubble wrap. :slight_smile:

Then I spotted the other My Hermes emai saying my parcel is sort of somewhere in transit and no idea when I’ll get it. Thank goodness I ordered the other was as insurance - I’m getting down that quite fast.

The other email was some glass nuggets which I had assumed had come in the normal post !

Well, I gave MyHermes another go and low and behold, no tracking info at all until it was delivered. I think I took it to the Parcel Locker the day after my last post but basically took it on 14th November, it didn’t even reach National Hub until 19th and then with my customer on 20th.

I sent one more after that, but only because it was big and heavy and would have been about £25 with Royal Mail. The first time there was no room at the Parcel Locker (or no room at the Inn) but luckily it had been emptied the next day. I dropped it off on 25th and it was delivered on 2nd December.

I’m having some luck with sales at the moment, a lot to the USA so for the time being I have reverted back to Royal Mail whilst their special offer is on and whilst it is so busy as I trust Royal Mail more than My Hermes.

1 Like

Well, my stuck parcel appears to be well and truly stuck somewhere between the courier and the local depot.
Day 3 of no tracking update while others sent at same time and after are on their merry way around the UK.

And a live chat help box that seems equally stuck on telling me to ‘‘give tracking another 24 hours’’ - every day!!!

It just gets better and better.

I’ve not used MyHermes since November but I’ve just had a message to say that my parcel has been refused and is being held at their delivery depot and I have to pay £4 for it be forwarded to an alternative address or back to me otherwise the parcel will be deposed of. I find this very interesting given that the haphazard tracking goes like this:

25/11/2014 08:57 Dropped off at the parcelshop

28/11/2014 15:17 Sorted at National hub

29/11/2014 01:17 Received at recipients local depot

29/11/2014 06:10 Out with recipients local courier for delivery

29/11/2014 12:48 Received by the recipients local courier

29/11/2014 13:38 Delivered - signature received from customer

29/11/2014 21:30 Parcel delivered

02/12/2014 14:01 Delivered - parcel left in secure location

Now yes, I am also confused about how many times this has been “delivered” but the fact remains that it has apparently been delivered at least a week ago and yet they reckon they have it at the depot. This was a personal item sold on Ebay and I have no intention of paying £4 to get it back or have it re-delivered. I have contacted the customer to ask if they have it or can arrange re-delivery cos she’s not said that she hasn’t had it and I am wondering if this is a genuine message about it being “refused”.

Could it be a scam? Maybe call MyHermes direct and talk to them about that specific message - it could be that someone is e-mailing this stuff to lots of people, to try and get money from them.

I have been in touch with both the purchaser and MyHermes and got it sorted out. The parcel hadn’t been refused, because she had it sent to a Parcel Shop so that she could pick it up from there as she works they had received it but when she went to pick it up they could never find it. Eventually it has been returned to Depot. We’ve given them an alternative address to deliver it to and they are going to deliver it free of charge, as it is kind of their/Parcel Shop’s fault. Hopefully it will arrive safely in the next couple of days.

3 Likes

So, Hermes for us this week have managed to:

1. Lose an expensive PC monitor coming to us from Amazon - the tracking got as far as our local depot then just vanished off the radar, days ago. Amazon have finally agreed to despatch another.

2. Fail to deliver a package which I ordered on Thursday and paid the supplement for “guaranteed” next day delivery, so should have been here today.

Not the first time either, I don’t think I’ve ever had a Hermes delivery that went without a hitch.

My Hermes.
Is no updates in three days since courier pickup, followed by the mysterious status ‘‘parcel delayed in transit’’ code for ‘‘we’ve lost your parcel’’ ???

I had the same as Joy with my bubblewrap order I made (this was well after the supplies order I talked about earlier in this thread, which did end up coming on the Monday, only after i’d been out and bought one of the items in it for twice the price that I’d normally pay, just because I couldn’t do without it at that point). The bubblewrap just sat with the sellers for days before it was collected. It’s usually with me within a couple of days. This time it took over a week.

It’s all very well these courier undercutting Royal Mail (which they are only doing by 1p in some cases) to nick their business, but it’s come to bite them on the bum now. They never had the infrastructure to cope with Xmas, especially with Black Friday thrown in too. I saw a headline on one of the papers while I was in the post office queue saying they are admitting a lot of online orders won’t get to people before Xmas now.

I still love MyHermes (now i’ve probably jinxed my next delivery being posted today)! I posted 2 myhermes parcels last week - i then got an email about a fire in one of their depots - so i was able to update my customers about the delay. Parcels arrived safe and sound with barely any noticeable delay - and they bothered to keep me informed!
Just don’t get me started on BT though!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, all these reported problems with couriers and backlogs is having a negative impact on online purchases generally, as buyers are so worried that their purchases won’t be delivered before Christmas. It doesn’t matter whether you use the couriers or RM, a lot of people just won’t risk it, so thanks to the cowboy couriers, we can probably say goodbye to last minute orders this year!

It doesn’t seem to be affecting the last minute buyers with me, last couple of days have been almost Black Friday weekend numbers again. I don’t suppose they see it as being that last minute, but as I’ve to to make the items and the last post date is Thurs, it feels pretty last minute to me. Mostly fellas. What is it with fellas and leaving Xmas to the last minute? :gift:

2 Likes

Hi I know the feeling I sent a parcel at the end of november with my hermes, It was a sale from my etsy shop, a rather large reworked jewellery box. The customer said they would be home to recieve it as it was to be signed for, however this customer totally forgot about the parcel and went of for the weekend. My hermes had supposedly sent me an e-mail telling me they had the parcel and that it would be destroyed within 7 days if I did not respond. unfortunatley I saw this e-mail past the 7 day deadline. I frantically e-mailed them only to be told they had destroyed the parcel. I was horrified and did not realise this was their policy. :

I agree with @JoSara -crazily busy this last fortnight, all sent My Hrmes, and mostly men buying :smile:
Sarah x