Folksy 365 - Daily Listers Challenge Thread - NOVEMBER 2017

Well done on the sales front folks :blush:

Aww @LotfieldJewellery it can be so hard selling online. Sometimes I feel like my shop is covered with Harry Potters invisibility cloak. Not a bite for weeksā€¦ and itā€™s easy to lose the mojo we desperately need to keep on plugging away.
If you can, just keep adding new makes which will keep your shop fresh.
Choose your favourite social media platforms and try to pop some daily updates on there.
Itā€™s abit like fishing I think. Casting your lure out and waiting for a nibble :grinning:

Well Iā€™m in abit of a pickle this evening. I have a customer struggling to pay through PayPal due to a logging in problem.
Iā€™ve got the folksy email informing me of this issue and it recommends contacting them to try and resolve.
The items are now in my sold section and I can see the awaiting payment sale on my dashboard.
I contacted the lady almost straight away and tried to help best I could and explained about the new Stripe direct payment option, but on hind sight she may not be able to back track to that option now.
This was a few hours back and I havenā€™t had a reply.
I really donā€™t want to lose the sale as it was for two items.
Iā€™m not really sure what to do now. Any ideas folks. .?

Karen x

1 Like

Thanks, I didnā€™t know how to add my link to a big photo, so thanks very much xx

1 Like

Karen @karenscraftybitz Iā€™d give them a few more hours to get back to you - they might be sorting out bed time/ eating/ out for the evening. If they canā€™t back track you can always send a paypal invoice which they donā€™t need to log in to pay.

1 Like

Claire - you should be able to cancel the sale and advise your customer to try purchasing again, but using the Stripe option instead of PayPal. Once you cancel the sale the items will return to being available for purchase

Hope it works out

1 Like

Woohoo I now have a stable internet connection - a loose wire on the pole meant that it kept dropping out at random moments which was proving bloominā€™ annoying (if it was going to take longer than a minute didnā€™t even attempt it), anyway a man has been up the pole and re attached it - now to put the magpies on a diet so that they canā€™t bounce on the wire and pull it out again.
Still havenā€™t retrieved the malachite earrings from the bottom of the crate (I look at my sales online (here and there) for the year and wonder why I list anything other than the fordite) but hereā€™s something that I had measured and drafted the listing before it got packed

5 Likes

A new necklace, then heading off to play with my weekend beady purchases :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Sue, think that must have been meant for someone else? xx @karenscraftybitz
Claire

2 Likes

Thanks Sasha.
Iā€™ve never used the PayPal invoice option before. How does it work?

Karen x

Thanks Claire :blush:

Thanks for the advice Sue @BeadstormJewellery
I was hoping to solve the issue with the new Stripe system.
I will give it a few hoursā€¦ maybe leave until the morning and then send an email explaining it may be best to cancel the sale and start again from the beginning opting for the stripe payment at check out.
Fingers crossed the sale hasnā€™t been lost in the confusion.
Itā€™s so hard getting sales, and really disappointing to lose one due to technical hitches.

Karen x

3 Likes

Oops yes, sorry Claire!

2 Likes

If you log in to your paypal account then under ā€˜toolsā€™ on the dashboard you will find ā€˜invoicingā€™, then ā€˜create invoiceā€™ which will bring up a template for you to fill in. Once youā€™ve filled it in it gets emailed to them (so you do need a working email address) with a link that they click on, fill in their card details and hit pay (or submit I canā€™t remember exactly its been a while since I paid for anything that way), they donā€™t need to have an account or log in to an account to do this. Once they have paid you get a confirmation email and the invoice is marked as paid on your paypal dashboard so you can manually mark it as paid on your folksy one. Pretty straight forward and easy Iā€™ve found.

2 Likes

Ahhh thanks for that Sasha @SashaGarrett
It makes more sense now :grinning:

1 Like

Good morning yay happy dancing for your sales Sue and yay for stripe too :slight_smile: :dancer:

Back to work today and I have a full day meeting, planning our team objectives for next year!

6 Likes

Good morning! I have a malachite nugget gemstone keyring for my listing today.

Natalie x

4 Likes

Please add 2 more sales to my tally. Just relisted a few items including this purse . . .

5 Likes

Good morning. Not a lot happening here, just plodding along!

5 Likes

New in my shopā€¦Miniature booties , Christening gift or baby shower??

3 Likes

10 sales for me please Max @paperchainsandbeads x

I was going to show you a new listing but itā€™s sold out already - lol!

Have another patchwork tree instead:

9 Likes

Well done Sarah . You tree decorations are lovely
Some new cushions . They are selling really well to America on the other side
https://folksy.com/items/7071777-Flamingoes-Cushion-

https://folksy.com/items/7071776-New-Zealand-Pohutakawa-Flower-Cushion-

Valerie x

3 Likes

Morning , quite a bright start here today, hope it holds for the weekend.
I need to wash my car and pack it ready for 3 days of fairs, I can get set up tonight ready for the morning.
Sales online seem really slow (for me) for the time of year, I hope the fairs make up for it.

5 Likes