Folksy 365 Daily Listing Challenge - APRIL 2020. Please read the first post for joining info

I can’t do instagram ( despite having an account) because I don’t have a smart phone and I cannot do it on my laptop…so I am sure I am missing out on sales…not fair…lol…
Happy Birthday Julia @SulikoSoul xx

10 Likes

Hi everyone, I’ve been frantically trying to get some flower designs finished in time for tomorrows theme of the day and I’ve just listed this flower pendant, I’m definitely getting some hippy flower power vibes from this design! :rofl:

17 Likes

All loved and pinned to here

9 Likes

Congratulations on sales @cariadcrafts11 and @thedotterypotter
Square pendant relisted today

15 Likes

Thank you very much x x I do try!

6 Likes

Thanks for lovely comment Cheers x x

8 Likes

Brenda @teabreaks - could you get yourself a little cheap or secondhand smartphone so you can use Instagram? I find Instagram does generate quite a few sales and it;s also one of the easier social media platforms to use and navigate.

9 Likes

evening all, happy birthday to your daughter Sue @SueTrevor the cake looks delish! Happy Birthday @SulikoSoul

9 Likes

can’t really run to paying for rental and calls etc…Sarah @thedotterypotter let alone having to learn how to use one…it took me all of last week to do online banking and I was shaking like a leaf in case I deleted my account or something similar…I also have very long nails and really struggle with any touch screens…I have a tablet and hoped that might work but it doesn’t…it has to be an ipad or a smart phone…and logically, if I paid for a new device, it would just wipe out the money from extra sales…so not very financially viable.x

8 Likes

Brenda @teabreaks My daughter tells me I should use instagram as its so easy but I am struggling

7 Likes

@teabreaks You can get programs which allow you to use mobile apps on a computer. I used to have a windows smart phone which wasn’t compatible with various apps so downloaded a program so I could use them on my computer instead, I think it was called bluestacks but I don’t know if it is still available. I think it was even free to download.

7 Likes

I share your pain Valerie @valerie

Phew, I have just been through and tagged 63 paintings with spring flowers…for tomorrow …I must do SOMETHING to get me on the home page because I am blowed if anything else gets me on there…lol
All pinned and loved to here…prepare for some floral paintings tomorrow…
I am crocheting a baby shawl which takes a lot longer than baby clothes, so it will be paintings for FEW days…

9 Likes

thanks Tim…the thought of downloading anything, fills me with horror…every time I try anything new it goes wrong…x

8 Likes

Caught up to here.
Happy Birthday @SulikoSoul.
Pendant love to @TChristianJewellery and @thatenamelguy.
I was initially quite resistive about using Instagram, but I’m glad I succumbed. It’s much easier to build a following and it does generate sales. Instagram followers show commitment, as Instagram doesn’t have directly clickable links, they have to go to your shop and search to buy. And they do it!
A smartphone doesn’t have to be expensive with bells and whistles or on an expensive contract. I buy a cheap phone outright and run it into the ground on a no contract cheap monthly giff gaff SIM only plan. Give it a whirl Brenda @teabreaks:grin:

10 Likes

@Bimblebird thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Happy birthday :balloon:

5 Likes

I am very late again, but went through everyone’s listings, and absolutely beautiful items yet again.
Chris @ChrisStoneArtist and Sarah @thedotterypotter - I find that Instagram is far easier than any of the other platforms, and use them for the Folksy Friday posts each week. Pinterest is my second favourite.
I am going to mention you again Chris @ChrisStoneArtist. This Folksy 365 Daily Listing Challenge really does help sales. I don’t know how, but like Chris, if I haven’t been using it for a while I do notice my sales drop.
Oh - Happy Birthday @SulikoSoul
Nothing new to list today, so just a relist I’m afraid… Maybe tomorrow will give me some inspiration…
Thanks
SallyAnn

Seagull Greeting Card

11 Likes

ha ha Chris… @ChrisStoneArtist .I don’t even know what giff gaff is…sounds like the name for a giraffe…ha ha
I have started two of the June threads early in case I decide to have a lie in …
I have a mobile phone and don’t want to change my number…all very confusing for an oldie like me…I hate change…
ironically, when hubby was alive we were always the first to have new phones…we even had a Jubilee phone, special edition many years ago and I was the first of my friends to actually have a mobile phone about 28 years ago…but I hate technology…
Can you do instagram on an ipad…because THAT is something I might think about but I wouldn’t have a clue how to set it all up…with windows, chrome etc…makes me quake just thinking about it ha ha…and don’t forget I am on a pension…last time I was fully employed was 1971…

10 Likes

I used to have Giff Gaff Brenda @teabreaks - Sim only is brilliant!!! Ha ha ha “the name for a giraffe”.

Now you really are going to laugh. I have changed my Sim only to Smartie!!! (A sweet I hear you say) It’s cheaper, and any data you haven’t used, they pay you back. Can’t be bad. My last bill was £4.

See you all in May.

SallyAnn

7 Likes

I use Instagram on my iPad Brenda @teabreaks. My son wrote my first few posts in December last year but I now find it quite easy x

5 Likes