Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - AUGUST 2018

Good afternoon all, yay happy dancing for sales Sarah, Brenda, Pauline, Sally and Deborah whoop for pay day :wink: :dancer:

See you soon Sasha @SashaGarrett hope things pick up here for you as well, we’ll miss you whilst your gone
Roz @OrchardFelts hope you Dad is okay now
Pauline @PollysWares138, I can sympathise, a side effect of low iron levels is painful cramps, they are getting better and I only get themoccasionally now but boy to they hurt!
Sue @BeadstormJewellery, you did very well there for one day. I didn’t actually make anything to bring home with me, the tutor is lovely and she let me make some stock for her shop so I didn’t have to pay for materials and it helped her out as she had a busy fair coming up :slight_smile:
Sue @SueTrevor, it’s lovely to see children growing up interested in musical instruments. I dabbled with the violin in school but didn’t progress beyond the basics, I was more into cooking, sewing and painting, daugher played piano for a while but then lost interest in favour of sewing and art and son stuck with it and still plays drums and guitar
wow Helen @PocketfulCreations looks fabulous

9 Likes

After a mammoth catch, up all loved and pinned to here. Didn’t make it on here yesterday as we had the Grandchildren for the day, and by the time we’d dropped them home and got back home ourselves I just wanted to sit and relax.
Today we’ve been visiting my Brother-in-law, I think I mentioned before that he was in residential care with early onset dementia… well, his condition has deteriorated. Two weeks ago he developed problems with swallowing, which has worsened to the extent that he can no longer swallow at all, not even liquids. It’s just a matter of time now…

Just a re-list I’m afraid

12 Likes

Sorry i missed a couple of days as we went to Telford for a break
Glad your son is feeling better Sue @SueTrevor
Lovely clay pieces Sue @BeadstormJewellery
Lovely holiday photos Helen @PocketfulCreations
Hope you can get more sleep Sarah @thedotterypotter
Some earrings today

14 Likes

New range of heart necklaces :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Good Evening everyone :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about your BIL Linda @wildrosedesigns - it’s such an incredibly cruel disease. Sending you lots of love xx

Were any of your sales for handpainted cards today Brenda @teabreaks? I did a little promotion of your cards on my Facebook page today x

9 sales to report this evening Max @MaxPringJewellery - I posted a little teaser of my Christmas items and photographed my paw print decorations from last year on the Christmas tree and that’s what all my orders were for!

8 Likes

@thedotterypotter bless you, yes they were for hand painted cards…thank you SO much xxx

4 Likes

Glad it brought in some sales for you x

3 Likes

Ellie @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker how exciting to have a melodeon and accordion workshop in your home. Do you play one too? I wonder if my son knows of Mr SmallP, and in fact if your paths have crossed as you seem to go to the same events! He’s not always played with Bogarts breakfast, he was with way of the weird, bakanalia and someone else I believe. Bogarts breakfast really push his accordion playing though, he really enjoys it, he can only join in with one group now he’s at university.
Sorry to hear about your BIL Linda, @wildrosedesigns an awfully cruel disease to happen to anyone, and awful to watch our loved ones battle with it.
Helen, your holiday looks idyllic, what a shame the WiFi is sporadic.
Deborah, @DeborahJonesJewellery I know your daughter will be fine. One day my daughter got stranded in the middle of nowhere when the coach driver decided he wasn’t going any further in the snow. She knocked on a strangers door, and a girl her age took her in and kept her warm until the buses were running again.
There are fireworks going off across the way as I write! Beautiful, it can’t be for the university students, they don’t return until October!

7 Likes

Here’s a link some may enjoy watching!

9 Likes

Hi everyone, here is a new relisted item this evening x (does that make sense :slight_smile:)
https://folksy.com/items/7131638-Grey-make-up-bag-with-pink-flowers

8 Likes

Evening Everyone
Little field mouse to end the month.
Hope everyone has a great September.
Best Wishes Adrianx

7 Likes

Caught up to here. No chance to list today. Goodnight.

3 Likes

Melodeon world is mostly fun. It ranges between the highs of having Russians to stay in order to collect their melodeons because they don’t trust their customs (not to damage instruments) & the lows of treading on melodeon pins bare foot in the morning when blearily heading for the kettle! (…& being roped into reed-cleaning intermittently when there’s an order rush!! :grimacing:)

It’s Melodeons really, tho the occasional piano accordion gets tuned here… I can play melodeon (mine’s a preciosa) but really I’m flute & fiddle :notes:. If we’ve not crossed paths, sure we will eventually….we must know some of the same people…

The video is hilarious! :joy::joy::joy: …Tis a familiar tune, your son’s a good player, you can tell he’s played for dancing…has he explored the melodeon?

6 Likes

Morning all!
Lovely sunny day and here is a birdy tee
Have a good Saturday Im going to walk the mutt
xx

3 Likes

What skills! Clever lad :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Morning Folksy Folk! I’m finishing this month with an old favourite!https://folksy.com/items/7083331-Planter-self-draining-with-Kingfishers

3 Likes

Had 11 sales this month! Thanks Max Pring!xx

3 Likes

So sorry to hear abou5 your brother in law Linda @wildrosedesigns

Looks fabulous Helen @PocketfulCreations. Thanks for posting and look forward to seeing more if WiFi permits. Have a great time x

3 Likes

Thank you Sarah @thedotterypotter and Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker i think he has picked up most instruments in his life. I think he borrows others melodions, infact he came home with one recently. But the piano accordion is his thing. I remember taking him for his 1st lesson and he picked it up and started playing, it was like he’d done it before! He was a natural, unlike his sister, who ended up playing the recorder extremely well, but she eventually gave that up too.
He would say, that playing is not his finest, he knows the tune well, but it’s not easy to concentrate on riding a unicycle and playing an accordion both at the same :joy: time!

4 Likes

All liked and pinned to here, see you all on the September thread!

1 Like