Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JULY 2020

WOW!!! thats amazing @NOfkantsCurios.
Here on the Isle of Wight we have loads of fossil finds … not by me though!! We seem to have loads of Iguanodon finds and loads of footprint casts too. It makes me giggle when I see children on holiday sitting on the casts not knowing what they’re sitting on!!

16 Likes

Evening everyone a new pendant
Late today been tidying bedroom and washing the curtains OH has finished painting and know decided to change all the rubber seals on the windows think his getting board now still on furlough looking for things to do
https://folksy.com/items/7521706-Copper-Wire-Wrapped-Black-Agate-Pendant-

24 Likes

View? what view? :rofl:

12 Likes

Good evening. Love everything here today, and pinned to my Folksy July 365 Daily Listings Board on Pinterest.
Chris @ChrisStoneArtist it is very early I know. (Christmas in July!!! - Ha ha ha), but I do find that each year that word © is upon me too quickly, so yup - another Christmas Card… Max @MaxPringJewellery - I find your large photo click the easiest. (Still took me a while though!!!)
SallyAnn

25 Likes

Good evening everyone. Finally got the photographs taken this afternoon so a new listing from me today.

Well done on all the sales.

All loved and pinned to here.

Carol x

24 Likes

Wowee - that’s fantastic. Can only dream of one day finding something as impressive as a fossil. Used to look for arrowheads in north east Scotland but never found one yet.

13 Likes

That’s what should be happening anyway. If the fault can’t be repaired then the machine should be replaced. that’s what I pay for.

13 Likes

It’s an AEG, only 2.5 years old. It’s Chelmsford repair services who send the engineers out and I have no problem with them but since the machine can’t be repaired it’s down to D&G to replace it which is where I have a problem. Here’s part of my email to the CEO explaining the timeline and what’s (not) happened.

I reported a fault with my washer/dryer at the end of April. An engineer was sent out on 12th May. There was a bit of a delay due to Covid-19 which I totally accept. We used the machine after and the fault was still there so another engineer was sent out on 27th May. Again, a bit of a wait but totally acceptable given the Covid crisis. Unfortunately the fault still wasn’t resolved so on the 10th June a third engineer was sent out. The engineer told me that he couldn’t find any reason for the fault and since he was the third engineer out that I should contact Domestic and General to see what they want to do as, as far as he was concerned, the engineers had done all they could. Up to this point I have no problem with the service I had received.

On 11th June I emailed customer.care@domesticandgenral.com explaining the fault and all the callouts and what was to happen now.

On 20th June, some 9 days later, I had received no reply so I emailed again asking if there was any news yet to which I received an automated reply stating due to covid to allow 3-4 days for a respone.

On 23rd June I received a reply stating my complaint had been escalated and I will be contacted to resolve as soon as possible and was given a complaint reference number.

11 days later, on 4th July, I had heard nothing so emailed again asking what was happening. I received an automated reply again asking me to wait up to 4 days for a response.

On 11 July, another 7 days later, still no response so I emailed customer care again asking for the complaints department email address to which I received the automated reply.

On 14th July, some 21 days after being told I would be contacted ‘as soon as possible’ I had still received no response so I emailed customer care again asking why I was being ignored. I had also copied resolutions@domesticandgeneral.com into this email having got their email address from someone who answered my question via the Facebook page.

By 15th July, some 2 and half months after initially reporting the fault, i phoned customer service and the guy i spoke to said he could see that this complaint had been going on for some time so he was going to put me straight through to the complaints department but before he did, he would give me complaints direct phone number just in case anything happened that we got cut off. I’m grateful to this man because he put me through and the phone was ringing, and ringing, and ringing, a good 5 minutes and then they hung up on me! I phoned straight back on the number I was given and this time, someone did give me the courtesy of answering and talking to me. The guy I spoke to looked at my account and even he said that this had been going on far to long. He said that the problem was they hadn’t received a report from the last engineer who had come out to us. That’s as may be, but that doesn’t explain as to why I was being ignored. He looked further into it and said that he thinks they have pretty much exhausted all possibilities on repairing my machine but could he send out one final engineer before they scrapped the machine. I agreed and said if they could send someone within the next two weeks that would be ideal as I would be off work. He had a look and said ‘actually, because this has been going on for so long we need to send someone out within 5 days’. ‘Brilliant’ I said. Then he said he couldn’t get in to book it (I presume computer problems) and that I would be sent a date and time for this visit.

On 27th July which was the 5 working days from my phone call and the date by which I was told an engineer would visit, I was still waiting to receive the details of this visit, never mind the actual visit! So I phoned complaints again. The guy I spoke to, Addy I believe his name, said he was going to call the engineer to see what’s happening and could he call me back in a minute. Some 2 hours later, I’m still waiting for that call back so I phoned again. This time a lady answered who said she couldn’t help and Addy was unavailable but could he call me back. I said no as he was supposed to call me back 2 hours ago and that clearly doesn’t happen. I said i want this sorting now whilst I’m on the phone, she said again she couldn’t help.

I’m totally disgusted with them.

11 Likes

Thanks for that!

12 Likes

Just popping on my listing for today, before catching up with loving and pinning

23 Likes

Added some stitch markers and trying out the linking advice. This should link to my shop.

23 Likes

OH MY Carol @Knittingtopia what a saga.
I made the decision about 3 years ago to stop all but the house insurance…I have totted up and saved over £600…My washing machine broke down once and I phoned a local company who came out straight away and charged me £45. I am of the opinion that local business people are always more willing than those on call for the big companies. Before this decision I had insurance for everything and once called out a man to fix a leaking toilet ( on the insurance)…he took 3 hours to arrive, spent about 35 mins fixing it and charged me £145…despite the insurance) After that I cancelled everything…now I save a fortune and if something needs doing, I have the money to pay for it.
Francis @thatenamelguy just love the seahorse and the beautiful colours and patterning on it.
And…all you lot with a lot of old fossils in your homes…ha ha…
My mother used to tumble stones and the noise went on for ever !!! She just kept all the polished stones in a big wooden bowl. I remember collecting sea glass and other shiny bits on Hartland Beach in Devon when I was about 15.

20 Likes

Wow - that is quite the runaround. I hope they take your complaint seriously now!
At least one of those engineers should know what the problem is!

13 Likes

Normally I don’t bother with any cover but in this instance I paid £640 for the machine which now needs replacing and over the 2.5 years of it’s life I’ve paid £193.50 for the cover which has so far paid for 3 call outs and I should now be getting a brand new machine to the equivalent speck of the one I’ve got for ‘free’ - a lot cheaper than me paying for the 3 call outs and buying a new machine.

14 Likes

Evening all. Today started bright but has ended up very wet and grey.
It seems to be very dark early too.

Another relist, Devon shovel inspired earrings

25 Likes

Everything loved and pinned to here

11 Likes

All done to here

12 Likes

Coral, I think this is the link to your doggy fabric mast x

18 Likes

Just called in to report a sale. Please add one to tally @MaxPringJewellery.

20 Likes

Hello everyone! New to Folksy as of yesterday and excited to get started!

24 Likes