Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - MARCH 2018

Welcome back Martin . Always love seeing your ceramics :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

How lovely to see them rushing off to school in the snowšŸ˜ƒ

2 Likes

Happy March everyone . Bit disastrous here . No snow as yet but everything seems to be shut down here already . Itā€™s SO cold and the boiler refuses to work . brrrr :snowflake:ļø :snowflake:ļø :snowflake:ļø :snowflake:ļø :snowflake:ļø :snowflake:ļø Typical . OH thinks pipes are frozen or the actual oil ! Anyway all I know is itā€™s cold . I did some washing which didnā€™t help as the pipes froze and it leaked everywhere , so thereā€™s a little ice rink outside the back door ! Was hoping to have a day of making ( also the computer on blink . The cursor keeps disappearing and the computer keeps freezing ā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face: - like us) Hope I can do something . Mind you with so many layers on I wonā€™t be able to move my arms :weary:
It could be worse!
Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus . Happy St Davidā€™s Day all . Hope to post lateršŸ¤ž

7 Likes

Oh dear that sounds like a catalogue of disasters Caroline @carolinefrodsham hope youā€™re managing to keep warm. Love that beautiful cosy scarf Roz @OrchardFelts made me instantly feel snuggly.
What lovely hats @Homegrownhats, Iā€™ve poped into your shop and loved a couple more, I love a good hat, even after months of having to wear one.
Welocome back Martin @MartinShackletonCeramics good to see your pots again.
Well the multi media experiment is abandoned and instead Iā€™m showing a couple of Easter hangings that I havenā€™t shown here before.

8 Likes

And hereā€™s the other!

7 Likes

Itā€™s been snowing all morning, albeit lightly, but thatā€™s on top of what weā€™ve already got. Itā€™s windy too and hubby is currently trapped in at work as the have closed the road out due to snow drifts :scream:. I hope they can get some cleared for when he finishes later. Itā€™s his birthday today too.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear of everyones weather- related dilemmas and disasters !! I think we are due a dumping in the next couple hours ! Not the preferred start to Spring ;/ In like a lion , out like a lamb hopefully !!!

Hereā€™s my listing for today ā€¦ felted wool / alpaca braceletā€¦

Stay warm and safe everyone :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Good afternoon everyone a new listing today

6 Likes

Back with a relist:

Thanks @thedotterypotter @stephshortstationery @carolinefrodsham
J went as Dan TDM, N went as Hiccup from How to Train your Dragons, C went as ā€˜Lots of dogsā€™ from Happy Dog, Sad Dog. :joy:

9 Likes

Afternoon

Big thanks Max @paperchainsandbeads, donā€™t know how you fit everything in but all your hard work is much appreciated.

Unbelievably too, I woke to 10 yes 10 sales this morning Yay!!!

Here is a relist, got to take some pictures,

Carol xx

12 Likes

Well the snow has stopped for now but itā€™s still unbelievably cold here. Happy St Davidā€™s Day and thank you once again Max @paperchainsandbeads for inspiring us all! Love your moon and bird pendant! My fingers are too frozen to make anything today so Iā€™m kicking off with a relistā€¦

6 Likes

faved to here x

3 Likes

Thanks for setting this off once more @paperchainsandbeads
Good to see you back @MartinShackletonCeramics
For us World Book Day surfaced in 1998, just after I retired and we became distributors for Dorling Kindersley Books. Since then itā€™s been great to see how big a part its had in the lives of our grandchildren.
New today is:-

7 Likes

My kitchen sink pipes are blockedā€¦I donā€™t think they are frozen but now I have to wait for the man to come and sort it out. Fortunately we can flush the toilet !!..I am claiming on my insurance for the work as we have paid for 20 years and never made a claimā€¦I just hope the man can get here in the bad weatherā€¦washing in the washing machine is full of water as it wouldnā€™t emptyā€¦luckily nothing urgently requiredā€¦and I am just glad we have heat and food etcā€¦hope you get fixed quicklyā€¦roll on Spring x

9 Likes

Not succeeding on creative front. Mostly mopping up and listening to abuse hurled at the boiler Apparently freezing pipes from washing machine have backed up and sent water into boiler. mmmmmm Not sure he should be tackling this ! i think boiler is very broken :frowning_face:
Hope everyone else having a better day !

9 Likes

Good afternoon . Its still trying to snow a bit here.
Iā€™ve been busy today making new cushions with my lovely Sophie Allport Bees fabric. Hope you like them
https://folksy.com/items/7111425-Sophie-Allport-Bees-Cushion-
https://folksy.com/items/7111429-Sophie-Allport-Bees-Cushion-

Valerie x

5 Likes

The sink in the downstairs loo was blocked too ,so I think all pipes are going weird on us! I hope we can claim on insurance but OH giving it his all at mo as no one will come out!
At least we have a woodburner :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Oh Caroline @carolinefrodsham I hope you get things sorted quickly. A friend of mine seems to be having similar problems.

Thanks Max @paperchainsandbeads for keeping us on track again this month.

Quite a bit of snow here. The main roads are ok but the smaller ones are freezing over under fresh snow. Iā€™m meant to be doing my regular shopping centre fairs on Saturday but not feeling very optimistic about getting there safely. A real shame as itā€™s an expensive one.

Staying at mumā€™s tonight again so re-listing

5 Likes

Hello, as long as we have the net on, yes prone to power cuts in the sticks!! I am going to join in for this month and see what happens

As it is St Davids Day

Sue

5 Likes

oh Caroline @carolinefrodsham - sounds like you are having a time of it.

Well, a lot can change in a day - we now have snow and my sister and I have just been on a mercy mission to rescue my nephew who got stuck in the snow driving back from work and had to abandon his car. He said he was going to walk home and he walked quite a bit of the way but we met him at the top of the hill with another car. Donā€™t think he was really dressed for the weather, poor lad was frozen by the time we got him! Think we still have the worst of it to come tomorrow.

Sue @BeadstormJewellery - surely the organisers should cancel the fair and refund your money in weather like this.

6 Likes