Folksy Gift Vouchers?

Just wondering…has any thought been given to Folksy gift vouchers?
My friends know that I like craft projects and so kindly buy me gift vouchers for crafty things for my birthday. These tend to be for others sites - it would be great if they were for Folksy as there are lovely things on here and I would prefer buying from fellow Folksy sellers.
Giving gift vouchers as presents would also be a way for me to introduce others to Folksy and encourage them to browse and find exactly what they want (rather than what I think they want!).
I appreciate there are practical challenges with this as we each have effectively separate shops on the site so gift vouchers that would work across the whole site would introduce another payment mechanism that would involve more work for the Folksy team.
Don’t know if this has been thought of and dismissed as too complicated; is on the list of things @Folksyadmin want to do when they have the opportunity; or if simply no-one else would be interested.

You can make your formal request here :slight_smile:
https://folksy.uservoice.com/forums/117463-suggested-features

Good idea as could also be given as raffle prizes.

Thanks Joy.
I wasn’t aware of this. It looks like this has already been suggested but doesn’t have many votes.
https://folksy.uservoice.com/forums/117463-suggested-features/suggestions/6470834-gift-vouchers
I’ve added my votes but it doesn’t look like it’s a popular idea.

I like this idea, although I imagine it would be an admin nightmare. I have added my vote. xxx

I have added my vote (never even knew about voting for things!) It would be a great idea for gifts

I think 50 votes is actually quite popular! A lot of people don’t seem to know about the suggestion area (I only remember it exists when people post about it) so they all seem to have a quite low number of votes.

It had 35 votes earlier today so it looks like the idea is gaining in popularity - and a few of us have learned about voting for new features, which is good to know about.

I have added my own Gift Vouchers to my Folksy shop
but I think general Folksy ones to be spent anywhere are a great idea

I was thinking about the possibility of Folksy gift vouchers when I found this thread where they had already been suggested. I have no idea whether it is a feasable thing to do to have a gift voucher that could be spent in any shop on Folksy, Folksy would have to sell them in their own shop, have a way of paying the shop where the voucher is then used, and a way for a customer to actually pay using the voucher. I see that the idea has had 65 votes so far but wondered if Folksy could let us know if it is a possibility, or just too complicated… @folksycontent
I personaly would love to receive a Folksy gift voucher as a gift…what do others think?

I too was looking for some info on gift vouchers for Folksy, I was asked if Folksy done Vouchers or Cards in the same way other platforms do ( Ety Not********street).

Especially at this time people are looking to shop online for gifts etc and although it may to too late to set it up this year it would certainly be a big plus for Folksy if vouchers could be utilised.

This idea already has some votes in the ‘suggested features’ section, you can find the voting section HERE
https://folksy.uservoice.com/forums/117463-suggested-features?query=gift%20vouchers

I would love to be able to send friends and family a voucher and would prefer to use Folksy. So if anyone else want’s to vote then just follow the link :slight_smile:

1 Like