General chit chat thread

Yes Gloucester services are really good. Got to be the best one on our motorway network. Tried Leicester forrest East on the way up last week. Never again :face_vomiting:
Got a bottle of cider and two morrocan pies to sample from Gloucester services today. Night in by the fire we think. Now it CAN snow. :grin:

5 Likes

So jealous, where’s my snow?:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

@JOYSofGLASS Oh, I so want snow…:slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

You are most welcome to ours and it’s only a tiddy bit yet but we are promised more.

1 Like

You can all have our snow please and thank you :joy:

3 Likes

Don’t be jealous just yet, there’s been a bit of fine snow here most of the afternoon but it’s been too wet to stick at all.

It better not snow here - I’m supposed to be going up to Northumberland tomorrow!

No white stuff up here at the moment Jessica. Might be a bit icy tomorrow though.

1 Like

Oh good! Fingers crossed it stays that way!

It was settling up on Exmoor this afternoon but lower bits of Devon are currently clear. Not sure how long that’ll last! Hope it stays good as my da is travelling down to see us tomorrow.

I particularly love Gloucester as it doesn’t have those kids car machine ride things, but just a decent indoor free play area. Those ride things have caused several child meltdowns on long journeys… The kiddies usually end up with a new soft toy from there though. Luckily we don’t travel often!

2 Likes

Looks like I’m going to be moving in a couple of months so am on the search for somewhere to live. Phoned up about a couple of possibilities with the promise of “we’ll get back to you” that hasn’t materialised! Looks like its going to be a hard slog … just hope I find somewhere in time. I dont really want to move twice so really want to find a nice place and not have to settle for something “that will do for the time being”. Having a dog and a low income doesn’t help either! However, I am forever the optimist and I’m sure everything will work out and I won’t be left camping on the street.

2 Likes

You have my sympathy Roz @OrchardFelts I hate it, I’ve moved so many times for lots of reasons and was also married into the army at one point, we moved here six years ago and I swore never again! Good luck finding somewhere, what area are you in? xx

1 Like

Good luck on the move Roz @OrchardFelts…are you going to move with your Sister or are you moving in on your own? x

My bloomin cat Peanut has already bought in a dead vole this morning and now and dead bird :frowning: He’s only lost his collar for one day. I’m going to have to keep him in until I can replace his collar and bell.

2 Likes

Think I’ll be going it alone Sarah @thedotterypotter - looks like my daughter may be with me until September and it is too much to ask for both of us to move in with my sister - its OK where we are now as I am basically in a self contained annexe but in another house we will be tripping over one another and my daughter isnt the easiest of people to live with!

3 Likes

Hope you find somewhere perfect @OrchardFelts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Day of snow here!

11 Likes

Urgh…it’s just starting to lay here now!

1 Like

Feel free to send it my way. At the beginning of this week there was plenty of snow forecast for Thursday/Friday, but now the forecasts all seem to have cleared up. I feel cheated when the south gets more snow than here :smile:

2 Likes

Good evening everyone :slight_smile: What have you all been up to on this snowy day?

I should have been getting the last of the pottery ready for the kiln but I had my Mum here today, so I had to entertain her!
We ended up going to The Range, where I resisted all the craft stuff and just bought rabbit food!
When we got back, I got out a light tent that I got free from freecycle and I tried it out. It;s not too bad but I thought it still looked a bit dull even when using the lights that came with it. I suppose it will do when there’s not much light but I’ll probably only use it in an emergency!

2 Likes

I bought a light box tent thing, and it was terrible. I swiftly went back to trying to catch the right light in the conservatory :joy:

2 Likes

I know, I’ve had it for a few years but never needed to use it until yesterday. I’ve piled all my glaze raw materials onto the only spare space where I take my photos (I had to move them to make room for the pugmill.) Now I’ve got nowhere to take good pictures…I think my priority today has to be finding it all a new space so I can get some half decent pictures again!

2 Likes