General chit chat thread

Sounds lovely @JOYSofGLASS!

I’m still waiting for food, using my psychic powers to make the air fryer cook faster. I’m doing a mixed grill, just waiting on the chips.

1 Like

I had roast chicken, salad and jacket potatoes tonight, I didn’t know that about the flour though Joy @JOYSofGLASS - I’m going to give that a go next time!

I nearly got one of those air fryers Sarah @SarahDesignsUK but I thought that I would probably only use it for chips…do you do anything else in it?

1 Like

I’m on a self enforced no chocolate biscuit sweet diet for next 3 weeks, started Friday. Need just a few pounds off so my clothes are more comfy as I’m off to India again… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
The potato was ok as it was officially dinner :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

Very interesting food talk on here today. I made rock cakes this weekend which I haven’t made for some time

but with choc chunks instead of fruit.

Like the idea of an air fryer @SarahDesignsUK @thedotterypotter

Hope you have a lovely trip to India Joy @JOYSofGLASS

3 Likes

I’ll have to try that trick with flour on my roast potatoes too. I do the Delia Smith thing and shake them up in a saucepan (with lid on) to rough them up once I have parboiled them. But my wrists aren’t as strong as they used to be and I am finding it increasingly difficult that way. Does make lovely roasties though.

2 Likes

Just add a little sprinkle before you shake

2 Likes

Hi Brenda @teabreaks, well I did wonder, how long have they been doing that, I thought there was something wrong, what gives them the right to do that? Must say, I’m having serious thoughts about staying on the dark side , it’s not as if they pay any of the shipping… xx

1 Like

Yes Kim @konyskiw, I knew the fees had gone up on the dark side, but had no idea about the shipping bit, I should really keep more abreast of these things and now they take the fees at once, it certainly makes you sit up and take notice! Especially if you sell a low priced item, it seems hardly worth the effort you’ve put into it and then they have the nerve to promote free p&p! …xxx

1 Like

Will try the flour trick @joyofglass. If I have it I sprinkle semolina on my par boiled potatoes for a crispy finish. Making me feel hungry this Monday morning.

3 Likes

I made bara brith for the first time this weekend. It was amazing! (Thank you Mary Berry).

4 Likes

The shipping percentage got added at the same time as the fees went up, so it was probably quite easy to focus on one increase and miss the other in the announcement.

I can sort of understand because that’s what ebay had to do to try stop people putting ridiculous shipping costs, but if they’re going to charge us for shipping, they definitely shouldn’t punish us for putting realistic shipping costs (which we have to put up even more to cover their percentage).

I’m impatiently awaiting the snow now, I’ve got some new fleece lined jeans to try out.

4 Likes

I’ve got no idea what that is @RhiannonRoseJewellery …I am going to have to google it!

Kim @konyskiw…ohh, fleece lined jeans…fancy and functional!

2 Likes

I just checked our forecast. Snow Tuesday Thursday and Friday.
The grandchildren are coming to stay the night on Saturday while parents go to a party in Buxton …which is likely to get more snow than us.
I shall be really fed up if they can’t get here…we are rather rural and 3 inches of snow can grind us to a halt especially on the little hill on the way to the house which suddenly turns into an inpassable mountain.

2 Likes

@thedotterypotter I cook lots in it! All the freezer food, burgers, steaks are pretty good in there, but it’s taken me a few goes to perfect it. There’s a lot of us, so it handy for freeing up oven space!

I really don’t want snow @JOYSofGLASS we are between Hanley and Leek, and it still gets disruptive. I’ve got to get to work in Hanley on Wednesday, but won’t manage it if any of the schools close. Keep an eye on the flash cam, at flash bar stores, the A53 closed the other week through snow :confused:

1 Like

@joysofglass I like flavoured oils on my roasties but also sometimes drop rosemary in the spuds as I’m parboiling them so it really penetrates :slightly_smiling_face: may try flour too!

I just had leftovers yesterday and beans on toast tonight. I’m envious of all of you!

1 Like

We had left over chicken roast today… with chips which Bob cooks in the wok.

1 Like

Both of my cats came home yesterday without their collars, I’m not sure what they have been up to! Pixie actually lost 11 collars in one year when she was quite small. I went round the back of the house and looked up all the trees to see if I could see any but we never found one! I always buy the quick release ones as you do hear horror stories of cats choking themselves on their collars if they get stuck. I wouldn’t bother replacing them but they are such avid hunters, I do like to make sure they’ve got bells on to give the birds a bit of a chance.

2 Likes

Hope it doesn’t snow too bad today. We’re parked up in Gloucester services southbound heading home to Devon. We’ve got the caravan behind the car so don’t want the slippery stiff on the roads today. At least we can stop and put the kettle on if we get holed up in some strange place.

4 Likes

Lovely services those. Always suggest them for my daughter when she says she needs an urgent gift for someone.

2 Likes

I am heading up to Nottingham this afternoon, as our daughter has a Uni interview tomorrow. Hope the snow isn’t too bad. Ordinarily I would love it to snow, when I am at home and have plenty of milk in!! Then on Thursday we are heading down to Guildford, for another interview. Guess I’ll be an expert in snowy conditions by the time the weekend comes.
Wish me luck xx

2 Likes