Google analytics - large volume of page views originating from germany

Hello Everyone,
I know that we have previously had a discussion about abnormally high page views coming from Moscow/ Russia but I am now seeing it from Hanover / Germany. Has anyone else see an increase in their German page views over the last 2 months? And does anyone know what they are up to? I would hate to think that people were using my name in association with spamming. They seem to always land on the same item page and bounce straight back off it - I had been hoping that given the item in question has been made with February’s birthstone that I’d made it into a blog or similar but thats not looking likely from GA data.
Thanks
Sasha

I had loads of views from Czech Republic a few weeks ago (to my other shop). Most were landing on my shop page but there were others around my shop too. Views stopped quickly…I don’t know what that was all about. If you got lots of views on one item, maybe you were featured somewhere. Maybe you can search for that image of yours on Google and see if you find it somewhere?

I include the other thread here in case others have not seen it.

Is anyone else still getting a huge amount of page views on google analytic originating from Germany with the icon /. A couple of days ago I was looking at analytics page and 10 countries came on all at same time. Can’t understand why they do this.

I’ve been getting the same. I saw it happen on the real time section last week. 16 views from 10 different countries, all landing on the / sign in my shop (wherever that is). All stayed for the same amount of time (about a minute) and then disappeared. I think it’s some spammy thing as I looked into where they originated and its from something called shop button.com or something like that. I googled it and it’s a site where you can buy a link button to put on your website.

So disapponting as I thought I had some genuine views! It’s happen a couple more times this week too

Natalie x

Yes, that’s just what I have been getting Natalie. On Google Analytics on page views it says had 129 views from them in last 30 days.

I recently installed the folksy widget onto my facebook page and ever since I’ve been getting traffic to folksy via social-buttons.com. Is that the same as where you are getting your traffic from? I don’t think its spammy, I think its what facebook uses to redirect traffic to our shops. Do the peaks in traffic via social-buttons coincide with you being more active on facebook?
Sasha

Ah yes, I installed that as well! I have been really rubbish on my FB page though and haven’t been on it for weeks. It’s odd that no pages get looked at though and they all appear in one go very quickly to then disappear after a minute.

xx

The pattern might have something to do with how the widget works - it might check in every so often to check that the thumbnails it displays are the current ones or something like that (bit like your phone syncing with gmail to see if you have any new emails). My widget displays the first 12 items in my shop so I suspect that every so often it links to my shop front and sees if they have changed and refreshes the images if they have (which might take it a minute depending on the speed of the servers). If you have been altering things in your shop it might trigger more activity from the widget as it updates stuff.

1 Like

I haven’t installed the Folksy Widget but am still getting constant traffic via social-buttons.com.

Interesting - I don’t get them coming to Folksy (yet!) but loads on my Website.

They could be the processor behind other similar apps that you have installed somewhere - I don’t know what craftori or pinterest use to take you from their page through to the relevant shop.