Google new button top right

Has anyone else acquired a new (another :slight_smile: button top right) when they’re on the internet. I use Google Chrome and expect to have a little tab with my minimise, restore and close buttons top right. I have acquired a JOY button just to the left of the minimise which is something to do with my Google or even Gmail account but i can’t quite work out which and I don’t want it there. I keep hitting it instead of the minimise.

Anyone else got one of these most undesirable little buttons and does anyone know how to kill it. All I get if I click it is my Joysofglass google account avatar and a choice of switch people or go incognito. grrrrrrr I’m sick and tired of buttons this month - think I’ll change to zips …

1 Like

To tell you the truth I haven’t noticed anything new when I’m on the internet. I tend to use my ipad a lot which is Safari.

I use google chrome, and have gmail, but I don’t have this button…I feel I am missing out now!

Kim
x

I use IE and firefox myself

Just switched on my laptop I haven’t got it on here thank goodness.

I’ve attacked the one on the PC by renaming it from JOY to STUPID BUTTON - that way I’m hopefully less likely to hit it - until I can work out what it is, where it came from and more importantly how to get rid of it !

I have google chrome and no button!

I’ll put a picture on tomorrow when I’m back on the PC. Just had a Google about it but can’t find any mention or explanation.

Where does the button take you, Joy? Hope it’s not something suspicious!

Here it is “Stupid Button” plus overlaid what I get underneath when I hit it. Neither option has any practicable use

I think the button is because I’m logged into Google Chrome but I’ve know idea why I’ve got it and why nobody else seems to have one. Oh well, I won’t tinker or something is surely going to go wrong. One of those sort of days !