Help please with social media

I am a silver surfer, of very little experience. I do not (at the moment) use twitter or facebook or any other ‘social media’ site. Can anyone help me get my shop advertised on one or more of these sites? I would appreciate any help you can give, thanks. Check out my shop at Lancsrosedesigns, thanks.

Hi Margaret
I have tweeted a couple of your items on twitter

Thanks very much for doing that for me. It is very much appreciated, Margaret

Hi Margaret,

Twitter is REALLY easy :slight_smile: simply give yourself a username that reflects your business, upload a profile pic and you’re good to go.

It’s great for jewellery shots etc - especially if earrings etc are modelled so people can judge length of drop etc.
Use the search box on twitter to find good hashtags to use. It’s really important to include hashtags because it helps people to find your item.

For example, we make dog coats/paw protectors etc so if showing a pic of our dog stopper pad protectors, we would include hashtag (#) - without brackets and relevant terms people might search for

• eg … Check out our special edition red #carpalpad protectors.
    For your business, for example, you could post a pic of blue earrings and include some text such as … #jewellerylovers, check out our new #blueearrings made from xxxxx. See our range at (insert your folksy link).
    #jewellerylovers seems a popular hashtag on twitter and people searching for a specific item such as blue earrings will find your pic using the hashtag.
    Hope this helps. Instagram is also great for this type of thing - but a little different and I found Twitter easier when we first started social media promotions.
    Let me know by email/message if you need any more help :slight_smile:

Mollie

1 Like

Thanks for this info. I am trying to find out all about Twitter just now. So will set up soon. Wish me luck, please. (I’ll need it!) Thanks again for your help. Margaret

Hi, twitter took me a long time to get used to but it does help. I love instagram but you need to have a phone camera to upload images. Much easier to use to start with though xx

There are lots of craft groups that you can join on Facebook, where you can chat to other makers and share your designs.

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly be checking out which I think might be best. Thanks again, Margaret

I’ve not looked into Facebook yet. Not sure about the bad press it has been getting. I’ll try it though, Thanks Margaret