Twitter Accounts

Would be interested to know how many sellers use Twitter and how successful you find it. I have been using for a number of years now, with mixed results. I have found it more difficult to attract new followers in the last year, although I have a reasonable amount of interaction from other Twitter users. My Twitter account is @CharmelLtd. I recognise some of the sellers names on here and am sure I follow many of you on Twitter already. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I have followed you on Twitter. I don’t think it is as popular as a year ago - although I may be wrong. I still use Twitter daily as it does help my items get seen. Facebook I find is terrible. I get hardly any reach with my posts and although I have a few followers, I don’t think I get seen.

Thank you very much for the feedback Claire. Not just me that feels the same way then. Although I’m not as prolific at you as listing on Twitter. I did use to have Twitter promotions, which certainly gained me extra followers. Maybe that’s something I need to consider again. Now I’ve had my Folksy Store for over 2 weeks and built it up gradually, I have advertised this on Twitter.

I haven’t used FB for a long time, as it’s caused me a number of issues in the past. I find it far too personal and not really suited to the type of business I have. I do have my account and business pages still, but it’s not something I’m inclined to go back to in a hurry.

I also do less well with my Pinterest and Instagram accounts. But I never have enough hours in the day to devote to any of them really. I can be a bit haphazard with using any of the accounts. Obviously, dealing with sales becomes a priority, as does administering my stores, adding new listings, leaving feedback, replying to messages and emails, etc…

I really need an army of people working for me, but alas, due to financial constraints mostly, it’s just me doing everything, a scenario I’m sure most sellers here are all to familiar with. :slight_smile:

Sure am. I didn’t imagine that I would have to be on social media daily and a photographer (still not good at this part) not enough hours in the day x

1 Like

Hello
I’ve tried using twitter and think now it’s not the social media platform for me to promote my work but Instagram feels much more like it. However with everything it’s up to each individual, Twitter might work for some but I’m going to just use it more for people watching kind of. :innocent:

1 Like

Sounds intriguing! Is ‘people watching’ a new technical term for crafters lol? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m on twitter and would say it is my top social media platform for promoting, with instagram a very close second, and have had a few sales through hashtag hours (like #UKGiftHour on Saturday mornings). I have found, since the layout changes on twitter just a few weeks ago that things have changed. I can’t quite put my finger on it but I do know that tweets from those I follow sometimes show up a day or so later instead of immediately. I’ve been trying to up my facebook usage and am gradually getting people to comment on some of my posts - bloomin’ hard though :grin:

I’m @elliestreasures on twitter if you’d like to find me. Elaine

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback Ellie. I’m already following you on Twitter! I do recognise a lot of names on here. Makes me feel a little less of a newbie. :slight_smile:

I am going to have a stab at using twitter! I am @onesweetiepea if anyone would like to follow me.

1 Like

I will look for you @onesweetiepea . I might be following already. My account is @CharmelLtd :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have recently opened a twitter account connected to my shop. Taking part in the Handmade Hours has definitely increased my views but no extra sales yet.
I am @HandknitBySam on Twitter :blush::yarn:

2 Likes

Hi Sam @HandknitBySam , I will look out for you too. My account is @CharmelLtd. I’m afraid that since opening my Folksy shop at the end of August I have neglected Twitter a little. Just don’t have the hours to fit in everything. I wish you luck using Twitter. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Guys, I have a Twitter account, don’t use it nearly as much as I should but I will go and find you all. Heres a link to mine xx
https://twitter.com/Treetop_Art

2 Likes

That’s super, thank you Sharon @TreetopArt. Have added you to my list to find and follow, if I’m not already as your account name does sound familiar. :smiley:

1 Like