Help! Tags are not publishing correctly - words cut short

I just listed some earrings but when I publish, the new tags I added are being cut short. To create the new listing, I copied an existing one but changed a couple of the tags.

I want to use the tag “pink gemstone”. When I type that in my tags in edit mode, it goes in fine. But then when I hit publish and scroll down to see the tags in the published listing, it just says “pink g”. I’ve edited and re-published 2 or 3 times now but it keeps doing it.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong? Is there a limit to how many characters we can use in total over the 15 tags?

I listed a couple of things last night and my tags are all ok.

I am not having this problem however I have noticed that when i try to type Lincoln in the listing box it changes it to “89” I have no idea why?

Thanks both but I think I have sorted the problem. It does seem that there is a character limit across the total 15 tags and because I had used several 2 or 3 word tags, I had exceeded that limit. I’ve tweaked my tags now and got them all to fit properly!

Grace, I’m also flummoxed as to why “Lincoln” would change to “89”! Very mysterious :smiley:

1 Like

There have been several posts about the places being replaced by numbers but I don’t know if Folksy has looked into it yet ? - @folksycontent

I often use 2 and 3 word phrases in my tags so it’s good to know that there is an overall limit of characters. I’m glad you worked it out but it must of been so frustrating for you X

I’ve seen this in another thread - if you put a space before typing Lincoln this should solve your problem x

It’s a really weird bug that we’re still trying to fix.

I think if you just type the complete word eg “Sheffield” in yourself then it’s OK and the number doesn’t appear, but if you select a city from the drop-down menu, then you get the number.

Crazy.

Haha wicked I’ll try that.

I’m getting used to being from 89 now though :grinning:

I suspect a bug,when I went to materials I could type so far and then it would not respond to my keyboard.