How are your craft fairs doing?

I did a Christmas fair on Friday evening and a small fair at a Christmas tree festival in a village church this afternoon. Last night was the best I’d ever done and then today surpassed it!! I was hiding items in my Folksy shop as I was selling them and it’s now looking rather empty. I’ve got another craft fair next Thursday night and an outdoor gift fair at a Christmas lights switch-on next Saturday… and very little stock. I think I’m going to be extremely busy making new stock this week!! It’s quite a nice problem to have though.

I had a very poor day today, no one was buying.

Bad luck, any more to go this year pre Xmas?

I had a superb day today selling almost twice as much this year as I did at the same event last year (only difference was the weather). I now need to have a sit down and a well deserved glass of wine.

2 Likes

I regularly do two local little village fairs on the run up to Christmas where all the profits go to helping rescue greyhounds and have always come away with a profit, but this year was brilliant at both fairs. I’m so pleased, I think the greyhounds are going to get a good Christmas dinner this year…
:christmas_tree: :grinning:

3 Likes

No more fairs or markets for me this year. A calamity with my work space has seen me without any stock! I’m having to work furiously to get ahead for the new year!

That said the events I attended worked out okay. I have had great days at specific events which I think I’ll be targeting more next year as opposed to general fairs or fetes.

Always difficult, I have been asked to do the same, and I usually give something really nice, as it represents my shop, but not the most expensive. I make sure my shop/website details are on the label, and then the winner may become a customer :slight_smile: